Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,881   Online: 1016

Shooter
    Multi Format

In Need of a Yashica Electro 35 GSN Owner

Kindly need one of you guys to help me to double check on camera function on a Electro 35 GSN. If anyone is up for it...

When you use the Electro 35 GSN, Depress the shutter button, is there a spot where you depress it enough, where you can use the over and under light at the same time?

The Electro 35 GSN I just got, depress the shutter button a little, I can get the Over exposed light usable at first, But the under light wouldn't come on even though I purposely underexposing the scene. However, when I depress the button more, now only the Under light is usable but not the over exposed light.

Is this normal comparing to yours? Is the button supposed to be "2 stages". Figure I asked before i further investigate the switch assembly, don't feel like peeling off the vinyl if I don't have to, the pad is fine, it is 2mm exact ( i tore it out to check ), previous owner must had it worked on.

Thank you!
    - Derek
    [ Insert meaningless camera listing here ]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Have you tried going through a manul like: http://www.neongreen.com/manuals_sou...ro/35/GSN_GTN/

My GSN is packed deep away in storage but I can't correspond to what you're talking about from memory. The over/under lights did always seem to be a little funky to me though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by horacekenneth View Post
    Have you tried going through a manul like: http://www.neongreen.com/manuals_sou...ro/35/GSN_GTN/

My GSN is packed deep away in storage but I can't correspond to what you're talking about from memory. The over/under lights did always seem to be a little funky to me though.
    The menu you linked me it said either of them should light up when half way depressed, I'd take it as they should light up at the same time.

I should start looking / thinking for remedies then.
    - Derek

Shooter
    35mm
    Will check when I get home, but my recollection is "yes". I believe there are two separate contacts for the under/over lights, which rub against a printed circuit attached to the switch mechanism.

This page may help, but I can't find copies of the schematics I consulted when working on mine...http://www.yashica-guy.com/document/chrono.html

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Looking at my 35GS right now. If the 'over' arrow lights, you're outside the exposure limits (shutter/aperture/ISO) for proper exposure; same with the 'under' light. If neither light, you're ... somewhere ... within the camera's abilities to provide proper exposure.

Does the GSN change that arrangement?
    Last edited by T G McKenna; 03-21-2013 at 04:41 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Oooh ... punctuation!

Shooter
    35mm
    OK -- I got home and checked mine (which may have a fault). As you push down the button, there's a kind of a scratching noise, and the OVER light flickers (regardless of the light intensity). If the light's too bright, and you push down a tiny bit more, the OVER light stays on. If the light's too dim, and you push down a bit more, the UNDER light comes on. Push down further and the shutter trips.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Alright so it confirmed its a "2 stage button". I just hate the fact that the over light will only come on when i barely pass the shutter, then goes off quick, and for the under light to come on it has to be a little more than half way of the button. Obviously with the correct light conditions for both lights for them to come on.

Thanks everyone!
    - Derek

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin