Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,686   Posts: 1,482,319   Online: 968

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    I really like this idea but now all you've done is make me want a rangefinder haha

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would sell nothing and have them all; which, I do.Each one has its use.
    Last edited by Pumalite; 03-24-2013 at 08:20 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    " A loving and caring heart is the beginning of all knowledge " ~ Thomas Carlyle ~

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What Pumalite said. Keep the F100 and get the Oly as a second camera. Decide next year. Or not.

Personally I would add an N80; it has all the features of the F100 without the size and bulk. And they're newer than the OM2N by, um, 20 years or so.
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

Seahawks won Superbowl XLVIII.
    Next year's Superbowl is XLIX. Easier to pronounce than XLVIII. Sounds like XLAX.
    I hope that doesn't mean we won't be able to stop the run...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Don't switch systems if not forced to. It usually costs a lot and gains little. You have a camera which is part of a large, extensive system with all options one could think of. Yes, the OM2 is less bulky than your F100 (owned both) but neither is a camera to always have in your pocket, nor is a Bessa. I'd look for a nice compact to supplement your F100.

Shooter
    35mm
    Nikon FGs and FG-20s are dirt cheap and lightweight. They also offer metered manual and AE

Shooter
    35mm
    Went to the shop to check out the OM-2n and OM4-T. Decided I will eventually get one of them(probably the om2), but won't sell my nikon gear. Thanks everybody for the input, I appreciate it

Also ended up also holding the leica M6 that I eye every time I walk into the store. Well, let's just say I've never used such a smooth film advance lever before in my life

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by bed_hugs View Post
    Also ended up also holding the leica M6 that I eye every time I walk into the store. Well, let's just say I've never used such a smooth film advance lever before in my life
    The Nikon F3/F3HP has a pretty smooth film advance, too.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    127 Format
    Get an OM-2 and a 50mm and a 28mm.

You will love the jewel like look and feel.

Nothing is prettier and they take great photos.

You will want to take it everywhere with you.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    35mm
    Y. Maitani said that although the OM system is so great, you can't take it everywhere with you so he designed the XA.

Shooter
    35mm
    This place is selling the OM4T w/50mm 1.8 for $199!!! Which I believe is a steal. I know it's not the 50 1.4, but the lens and body are in great condition. Plus the meter seemed to be working fine while I was handling it.

The prices these things go for on eBay amazed me

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin