Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,530   Posts: 1,543,970   Online: 1107

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by wblynch View Post
    It is true. The OM-2sp, OM-4/t and OM-3/t have rougher feeling film advance. I believe this is due to stronger internal gearing intended to stand up to high-speed motor drives.
    So it IS true. oh well, the metering and price for what it is means it's well worth it.

Shooter
    35mm
    If haven't noticed, there is a substantial magnification difference between the OM1&2 and the OM3&4. The latter better for folks who wear glasses like the Nikons.
    The OM4's metering is much wider then all other cameras todate except for the Pentax LX. This enables up to 2 minutes aperture priority autoexposure that no other camera - again except the Pentax LX, can do.
    The OM4 also has spot metering (multi) not implemented in a manual focus Nikon slr.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have an F100 as well and I adore it...but it isn't a small camera. It usually doesn't bother me but when I want to travel lighter I use my Nikon FE. It is significantly smaller than the F100 (it fits nicely into a small camera bag where the F100 won't). Nice viewfinder, Aperture priority, meter etc and you can still shoot with it if your battery dies, but the batteries seem to last forever. I also own an Olympus Om-10. It's slightly more compact than the FE, a nice camera but I prefer the metering of the Nikon, which is dead on almost always...the OM-10 metering isn't as reliable, more overexposure I find.

I won't ever sell my F100, nor my FE for that matter. Keep it if you can and add a smaller camera to your collection. I got my FE for less than $100 and the Olympus for something like $40, with the 50mm 1.4, a terrific lens. Just my opinion anyway.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a F100 and a OM1 with a 50/1.8. They are both wonderful cameras for different uses. If I want to have a camera in the bag "just in case", that's the OM1. For anything else that is even remotely planned (ie I know I'll take photos) the F100 is usually the first choice.
    Hasselblad, Mamiya RB, Nikonos, Canon EOS

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin