Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,291   Posts: 1,535,435   Online: 796

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've been working on some no-digital (but heavily retouched, using masks, matting, sandwiched negs, etc.) ideas, and I want a somewhat vintage, ancient, "very early photography" look. I could do the work with Nikon AF (N90s, 8008s, etc) or an RZ... but it feels way better using old metal. Canon FT, Nikon FG, my RB gear. Just "feels" right to have those funky bodies in hand.

I've been a musician all my life, and it's the same way with that gear... "this guitar" is what I want for this feel, that sort of thing. It's more than just the specific tonality, it's how I feel playing the things. Ghosts in the machines, if you will. The old gear has a mojo the new stuff can't touch.

Shooter
    35mm
    The Exa is my favorite "primitive" camera. The Halina 35X is another primitive, but much more frustrating to use - very "lomo" results though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There are times when a pen hole camera is just what I need.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11336821@N00/6126723853/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pinhole 29 sml.jpg  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin