Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,902   Posts: 1,521,115   Online: 1006

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Almost new F2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Meter movements are shock sensitive, jolting them hard enough will destroy the meter needle and coil assembly's poise and make it erratic.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My description in the first post should have been silver F2 Photomic. Still cannot believe how pristine it is. Annoyed that I forgot to get some IR film at the show.
    Richard

Why are there no speaker jacks on a stereo camera?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by noacronym View Post
    I'm just running my mouth. What you have there is GORGEOUS. Anybody who says otherwise, give them a pop on the mouth and say it's from me. Heck yo've got a camera there that only a Nikkormat can outdo. Nevermind the trash talk. We're just jealous.
    Every time someone talks about the Nikon F2 makes me sad. The F2AS was my first camera and I was making $5 an hour. Reading the other forum where people always asking about which camera should they upgrade to. I think if it was not stolen from me I never need to upgrade. It was good enough for me in 1977 and it would sure be good enough for me now.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Only a Nikkormat is better.
    We are all entitled to our opinions. I never owned a Nikkormat but had the opportunity to use the Nikkormat FTN on the job. I, however, preferred to use my own F2 bodies for the following reasons:

1. I needed the F2 interchangeable viewfinders
    2. I needed the F2 interchangeable view screens
    3. I needed the F2 100% viewfinder coverage
    4. I needed the F2 motor drives
    5. Did not like to location of the FTN shutter speed control
    6. The F2 felt better in my hands.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11336821@N00/6307637714/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nikon F2 040 sml.JPG  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I only say that because it doesn't matter how sunny and bright your scene is, but if it's dark above your head where you happen to be standing, you can't see the meter needle in the F's and F2's. I HATE that.
    Nikon DL-1 Photomic Illuminator

Ken
    "Hate is an adolescent term used to stop discussion with people you disagree with. You can do better than that."
    —'blanksy', December 13, 2013

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I like them both. I have 4 F2AS and 5 Nikkormats. Unbeatable for B^W film
    " A loving and caring heart is the beginning of all knowledge " ~ Thomas Carlyle ~

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by narsuitus View Post
    We are all entitled to our opinions. I never owned a Nikkormat but had the opportunity to use the Nikkormat FTN on the job. I, however, preferred to use my own F2 bodies for the following reasons:

1. I needed the F2 interchangeable viewfinders
    2. I needed the F2 interchangeable view screens
    3. I needed the F2 100% viewfinder coverage
    4. I needed the F2 motor drives
    5. Did not like to location of the FTN shutter speed control
    6. The F2 felt better in my hands.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11336821@N00/6307637714/
    I have a Nikkormat Ftn, and a Nikon F/Ftn and eyelevel prisms. I do a certain amount of macro work, and that's why I bought the metered finder for the F. Years later, I was given a nice Nikkormat Ftn which has a more convenient MLU, a less convenient shutter speed dial, an almost identical (built in) meter, and lacks interchangeable screens. The 100% viewfinder of the F is very useful for me as well.

So each camera has it's advantages, which is better depends on the use it's put to.

Shooter
    35mm
    I know these machines (F2) like the back of my hand.
    You decried the absence of the exact feature you desire. As for LED's, rarely have I had a problem with any of the lights in many (many!) F2 bodies. Try an F2SB or F2AS for yourself. I'm not familair with the Nikkormat line. Are the meters, shutter speeds and aperture settings in these bodies illuminated so one can read them in extremely low light? I live or die by these features. And do they have the metering and ultra-low slow shutter spds of the AS/SB, out to 10 seconds?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by richard ide View Post
    Made a big mistake yesterday and went to a camera show in Toronto. Found that it is a really good way to spend money. Among other things; I bought a Nikon F2 with a 50mm F1.4 lens for $240.00. So clean and pristine that it appears to have just come out of the box. The owner said it had less than 20 rolls put through it. Good backup for the one I bought in 1974 and have put at least 2000 rolls through. Happy as the proverbial porker.
    Congratulations on the find at the last Camera Show, I nearly went myself but something came up at the last minute. You can't go wrong with a F2 from the owner of two F2s with DP-1 heads and one F2S.
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin