Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,514   Posts: 1,543,635   Online: 1145

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Almost new F2

Shooter
    Multi Format

Almost new F2

Made a big mistake yesterday and went to a camera show in Toronto. Found that it is a really good way to spend money. Among other things; I bought a Nikon F2 with a 50mm F1.4 lens for $240.00. So clean and pristine that it appears to have just come out of the box. The owner said it had less than 20 rolls put through it. Good backup for the one I bought in 1974 and have put at least 2000 rolls through. Happy as the proverbial porker.
    Richard

Why are there no speaker jacks on a stereo camera?

Shooter
    Multi Format

Congrats!

Richard:

Great find, probably one of the most versatile pieces in a Nikon kit. The right batts, meter couplings, add-ons galore, left-overs from the original F gear kit "mostly" work (screens, etc.).

These things are bubbling up from time to time, you got yours at the cost of a CLA "+", but the cosmetics are the benefit. Nice!

Stay Safe!

FL Guy

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by noacronym View Post
    I'll bet it's gorgeous. Nikon's best camera. Only a Nikkormat is better.
    I didn't know that so I was so stupid and bought the Nikon F2AS instead of the Nikkormat FT3 for much less.

Shooter
    35mm
    Congratulations! I like my F2S and 50mm f/1.8D so much, I installed a coupling prong on the latter so I can use the two together.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sounds great!

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Nikkormat MLU is better, too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Almost new F2

The F2 exhibits a feeling of workmanship unlike any other, ever.
    Agree. I call it the Leica of the Nikons! :-)
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    35mm
    I only say that because it doesn't matter how sunny and bright your scene is, but if it's dark above your head where you happen to be standing, you can't see the meter needle in the F's and F2's. I HATE that.
    Oh I didn't know that either. I have a plain prism also and either with the DP-12 or the plain prism there is no problem.

Shooter
    35mm
    I only say that because it doesn't matter how sunny and bright your scene is, but if it's dark above your head where you happen to be standing, you can't see the meter needle in the F's and F2's. I HATE that.
    Your unfamiliarity with the F2AS and F2SB is on FULL display. Drop the hate and read-up.

Shooter
    35mm
    The original post said nothing about the kind of finder. When someone says Nikon F2, I instantly think of the DP-1 finder. Heck, I was a camera store salesman for much of the 1970's. I know these machines like the back of my hand. As for the LED finders, I don't think too much of them. LED's burn out and then you've got nothing. Meter movements work forever. The weakest link of all of course is the meter cells, and secondly the resistor bands get worn and cause drop-outs. A pretty F2 with a DP1 is one of the gorgeous sights of this world, except when it's dark above your head. I got rid of all that and stick with the Nikkormat FT2. It's all anyone will ever need in a 35. Unless you have a Mamiya/Sekor 1000DTL, with both meters working.
    I thought I just wanted the top of the line and really gained nothing by opting for the F2AS instead of the F2A. But now I have seen many of the F2A that have problems with the meter movement while the F2AS don't seem to have dead LED. But to correct my previous post. I had the F2AS and a plain prism. The camera was stolen in 1984 and I gave away the plain prism in 1986.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin