Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,219   Posts: 1,532,249   Online: 802

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by case-ie View Post
    Thanks for your quick replies. I had mirror and shutter controlled in a analog camerashop no problems there. Of course they test them without the lens on. Sometimes parts of the picture are not lighted that must be a shutter problem.But the brackets go on on the unlighted areas between the negatives. And the mirror folds up and away from the film, reflection seems difficult.
    Light leak. Check the foam.
    Still doesn't explain frame #1 though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mister van hoegh, had not read your reply when I replied, i also think there is a problem with the shutter but it was tested in a special set up in a analog camera shop but this is with the lens off the camera. Still the problem between the negatives. Thanks for your reply. never seen a light leak this tight they tend to spread out. I have also been thinking that it happens during filmtransport that I push the backside so it slightly tilts. maybe when advancing film or while transporting back, I think now next time I tape the camera close. then there still is the black line in picture 1 but that would be the shutter than.
    Last edited by case-ie; 03-28-2013 at 06:09 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    The shutter may not be capped when when it cocks, but the mirror would prevent most light from getting through - which might be why a shop didn't catch the issue. This would explain the "sweeping" effect of the light leak. The MEs are apparently known for shutter issues, but likely it's just sticky from age.

One experiment would be to put a lens cap on when advancing the film. If the light leak between frames disappears then this is certainly the cause of it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yashinoff, That sounds very plausible I will start with the lens cap right away. And maybe one evening free clicking the camera, probably it has not been used for a long time. Thank you very much. I would like to copy paste your answer to the dutch part of this site where I also posted this problem, if thats ok with you.
    Everybody thanks for your time .
    Case-ie

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Have the foam seals been replaced on this camera? If not, I would definitely replace them because deteriorating foam will at some point end up on the shutter blades.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by elekm View Post
    Have the foam seals been replaced on this camera? If not, I would definitely replace them because deteriorating foam will at some point end up on the shutter blades.
    It can also ruin film and just about everything else it touches.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by summerbee View Post
    agree. however if never given a good CLA won't hurt
    I see a lot of recommendation for CLA. I never had any of my cameras CLA and I wonder how much it cost to have it done. Remember a Pentax ME is hard to get $50 for in good condition.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Chan Tran View Post
    I see a lot of recommendation for CLA. I never had any of my cameras CLA and I wonder how much it cost to have it done. Remember a Pentax ME is hard to get $50 for in good condition.
    A CLA is mandatory periodic maintenance. The cost will vary, depending on the item being CLA'd, the degree of neglect/wear, etc. A good technician is important, too, "CLA" doesn't mean "squirt some solvent in, then put some 3-in-1 oil here and there".

You can get old cameras cheap, and the fool's approach is to get another one... which will need a CLA, just like the first one.
    If you want a reliable piece of equipment, get a CLA from a competent tech..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin