Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,659   Posts: 1,481,497   Online: 1154

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Strange light brackets

Hello,

I,m Case-ie and this is my first post

I have a problem with my Pentax ME Super, On a few roles of film now strange light brackets appear on the negatives and also between them. It's on always a few following negatives and with a lot of variation. If anybody has an idea what causes this, i'll be very pleased to hear it.

Case-ie
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FEP1267.jpg   FEP1308.jpg   FEP1323.jpg   FEP1313.jpg   FEP1339.jpg  

Last edited by case-ie; 03-28-2013 at 07:48 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Do you know if the foam seals have been replaced on this camera? I would start here.

The foam seals degrade over time and can cause light leaks. If they've been replaced, then the next part of the discussion will begin.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    With a light leak artefefact #1could not be explained.

I'm rather thinking of a exposure moving perpendicular to the shutter movement. This could explain the bent streaks.
    Last edited by AgX; 03-28-2013 at 09:30 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: wording

Shooter
    35mm RF
    You're right. That does look like a shutter fault. I wonder if some debris (perhaps, old foam or a tiny piece of film or something else) has gotten into the shutter mechanism.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Possible light leak.

Jeff

Shooter
    35mm
    Sticking mirror, or the mirror is coming down before the exposure has finished. Perhaps related to a disintegrating or sticky mirror bumper.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I thought mirror - it looks like reflection - with the straight line at the top and then fading away towards the bottom.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Try this. Connect a flash to the camera with a PC cord. Don't mount the flash in the shoe. Remove the lens, and use the flash to freeze the motion of the shutter curtains. At synch speed or below, there should be a clear film gate, and the mirror should be well tucked up. At speeds above the synch speed, there will be a slit - the higher the shutter speed, the narrower the slit. The slit width should stay uniform for a given speed, and you should still be able to see whether the mirror is out of the way. Don't look directly at the flash!

This isn't an infallible test, due to the very short duration of the flah, but it might show you something - such as shutter wierdness.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for your quick replies. I had mirror and shutter controlled in a analog camerashop no problems there. Of course they test them without the lens on. Sometimes parts of the picture are not lighted that must be a shutter problem.But the brackets go on on the unlighted areas between the negatives. And the mirror folds up and away from the film, reflection seems difficult.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Peltigera View Post
    I thought mirror - it looks like reflection - with the straight line at the top and then fading away towards the bottom.
    agree. however if never given a good CLA won't hurt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin