Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,202   Posts: 1,531,534   Online: 1074

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    35mm
    Info comes from a Dutch retailer, Fotohuis: "Last master rolls from 2004/2005 are used up by Lupus / Agfa Photo so i expect it is just a matter of time when this film is running out completely."
    My cameras:
    Fed 2
    Zenit 11, 12XP
    Nikon F4, F4S, F401S, F601, F801, F801S, F50, F55, F60, F65, F70, F75, F80, F90, F90X, EL2, FE, FM, FG, FG-20, EM

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I guess the ADOX CHS 100 II could be pretty similar to AGFA APX 100 :

http://www.adox.de/english/ADOX%20Fi..._II/index.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No it'll be similar to the EKKE 100 film sold as Adox CHS100 by Fotoimpex.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    This is the first time I come across this information of the last batch being converted. (Though it is plausible.)
    I think Mirko of Fotoimpex said some time ago that the volume of APX 100 left was why they trialled a replacement for APX 400 first, and this coincides with the timesacle he mentioned.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    APX-100 is 2.62 Euro per 135 roll in 100 roll quantity. In the US, you really need to order a quantity for the shipping cost to make sense.

I have 200+ rolls in my freezer and it still seems to be available from http://www.macodirect.de

It doesn't really have any direct analogue, but when it runs out either FP4+ or Acros will become the replacement for me.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo Miranda View Post
    Info comes from a Dutch retailer, Fotohuis: "Last master rolls from 2004/2005 are used up by Lupus / Agfa Photo so i expect it is just a matter of time when this film is running out completely."
    Will be interesting to see what they do when their stock is used up. After all Lupus isn't exactly a company with a lot of other products, at least so it seems to me. So it would really be cool (and not just for us, maybe also for them) if they would see if there is any option to get Gaevert to make another batch. Though of course that would propably depent on the costs (right now APX100 is a really affordable film here in germany and propably europe in general, maybe not oversees due to the shipping) and the question who holds the actual rights to the chemistry involved. Well most likely just wishfull thinking on my part, Rollei Retro here I come ...

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Gevaert does not exist any more... Agfa made clear that do not want to engage in manufacture of consumer products on their own behalf.

Shooter
    35mm
    Well, maybe not Gaevert as a company name but someone seems to be. Since the Rollei films are all marked "produced by agfa in belgium". Or did I just mix up the belgian agfa people with Gaevert? Though of course this is not a production on their own behalf. An if I'm honest I#m actually quite happy with what Rollei does so I think I'm pretty much set for the post apx times anyways. Just sad that Rollei stopped shipping in those "ciggar boxes"

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Agfa and Gevaert (spelling!) merged in 1964. This was economically as politically of importance, but needed two new sub-companies, who practically merged.

At this stage Gevaert transferred their assets practically completely into Gevaert-Agfa N.V., whereas Bayer only transferred their small sub-Division Agfa into Agfa-Gevaert AG.

At the silvercrisis Gevaert was paid off by Bayer and changed their field of business.

Later Bayer left the photochemical field too by selling Agfa-Gevaert.

Agfa (Agfa-Gevaert) became a flemish company on public shares.
    In 2004 they sold their consumer branch AgfaPhoto, which short after demised under the new owner.

You are right so far as most of the former Gevaert plants still belong to Agfa and the Agfa headqarters are located at the Gevaert main plant. However the traces of Gevaert are few, the name Agfa is prominent.
    Last edited by AgX; 04-12-2013 at 06:29 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Very interesting, especially since this is a bit of a local thing for me as I live close to Leverkusen. Thanks

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin