Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,568   Posts: 1,545,448   Online: 1128

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    You must have gotten a "real" shooters camera. Someone who did some serious PJ work I would imagine. Nice find! Keep it and shoot it, let the vibe do it's magic.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Looks great!

Jeff

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    You must have gotten a "real" shooters camera. Someone who did some serious PJ work I would imagine.
    It is an interesting amalgam of bits. I didn't mention that the body has a motor plate installed; as the back is chrome and doesn't match the black body, I'm wondering if someone initially used this body with an F36 motor drive (which comes with an attached back) and when they stopped using it they just grabbed another regular back and kept on shooting. Of course the lens is much newer; it's an AIS model so, what?, maybe 15 years newer than the body? I get the impression that the DE-1 was a much later addition put on by someone who really wasn't familiar with Fs and F2s, because they had left the "NIKON" nameplate on the DE-1 despite the fact that that kept it from fitting properly, so they loosened the screws on the nameplate so it could sort of flex outward. Kludgy -- you'd be likely to lose the nameplate or damage the camera. First thing I did is remove the nameplate. The prism still doesn't want to seat properly toward the front of the camera; there's a small gap visible, but I can focus readily so I'm not going to force anything. I have a regular F prism back home, so when I get there in June I'll swap it in to see how it fits.

Shooter
    35mm
    I think Morituri's response was tongue in cheek but obviously hard to see it on a webpost.

No I don't think it is gloating at all and can understand what you mean by being able to share it with others who can appreciate what this all means. Gloating would be to post a whole website full of every angle shot of it. Let us know the link to that site too . . .

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Sometimes things just fall in your lap -- like a Noct-Nikkor

Ignore the obviously jealous posters. Congrats and have fun! I'll take this moment to "gloat" about my barely used Nikon 9000 I got for $1000 a couple years ago. :-)
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Trask View Post
    ....I have a regular F prism back home, so when I get there in June I'll swap it in to see how it fits.
    The chrome prism is from an F2, and fairly rare. So sell the chrome F2 prism to pay for the other "repairs" like a CLA and F prism. And Congrats!
    —Eric

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm envious (and I hate you too ) - but quite glad you shared your story. You seem the type to put this lens to good use, which is nice to see.

I mean, the lens is wasted in your bag.

Seriously... enjoy, and thanks for sharing your story!
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    you really suck.. Seriously congrats that is an awesome find , truly a once in a lifetime deal. Sadly had I found it I would probably sell it just because I am broke and need the cash. Thats awesome.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade1941 View Post
    you really suck.. Seriously congrats that is an awesome find , truly a once in a lifetime deal. Sadly had I found it I would probably sell it just because I am broke and need the cash. Thats awesome.
    You would have used it for a week or three first - and had memories for a lifetime, at a minimum.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a black back in my parts box.
    Are you in the US?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin