Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,069   Online: 755

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Sarile View Post
    I think Morituri's response was tongue in cheek but obviously hard to see it on a webpost.

No I don't think it is gloating at all and can understand what you mean by being able to share it with others who can appreciate what this all means. Gloating would be to post a whole website full of every angle shot of it. Let us know the link to that site too . . .
    I also read Morituri's response as being tongue in cheek; it was exceptionally well-worded. Congratulations to the OP, fabulous lens.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This would only be in bad taste if Trask didn't attribute his good fortune to, well, good fortune.

Have fun with it.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    *sigh*

Someday I'll find that treasure chest full of camera goodies. Someday.

Fantastic find my friend. Mind sharing what this site was that you were browsing?
    - Abram

35mm / 120

Shooter
    35mm
    What are these "some websites where cameras are bought and sold"?

I hate you as well

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My first ever camera was a Nikon F2. I bought it with the regular 55mm f/1.2 lens. I was in college (late 70s) and working at Disneyland on mostly low-seniority night shifts for tuition money and rent. I sometimes kept the camera locked in an unused maintenance locker in an underground tunnel near the giant waterfall pumps directly beneath the Matterhorn mountain.

After my night shifts ended I would sometimes retrieve the camera and wander around both the onstage (where the guests were allowed) and backstage (employees only) areas making pictures of friends and places and whatever else was interesting.

I desperately wanted a Noct-NIKKOR. But I couldn't afford even a grey market one, so I learned to live with those ugly off-axis point source coma-blobs of light. It was terrible, as I could think of no one more in need and deserving of that lens than me. But I never got one.

This is why I hate you...

And here's a supposedly brand new one available today for a smooth US$5,262.40 (on sale at the time of this post, marked down from the regular price of $5,980.00). They do offer free shipping, however.

This is why I'm happy for you....

Ken
    Last edited by Ken Nadvornick; 04-07-2013 at 07:48 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    "Hate is an adolescent term used to stop discussion with people you disagree with. You can do better than that."
    —'blanksy', December 13, 2013

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Great find and buy! Add me to the jealous list...

The name plate on the F2 attaches to the finder, for the F it attaches to the body, I have an F name plate, with mounting screws, although not black.
    It would attach to the body and probably cover the holes on the F2 finder.

Contact me off line if you are interested.

Joe

Shooter
    35mm
    Way to go! A friend of mine picked up a Rollieflex TLR a few years ago at a yard sale. It was clearly never used and still in a minty box and instructions. At the time, he wasn't a serious collector, but knew it was worth more than the $150 asking price.

Good for you on the 58/1.2. I'd love to own it, but I'm really happy with my 50mm f/1.4G on my F5.

Shooter
    35mm
    Interesting to read profuse congratulatory, ‘way to go’ and ‘good fortune’ remarks. Yet this may have come at the $2,800 expense of seller’s misfortune/ignorance of not knowing the fair market value of their lens. Or perhaps the seller knew but wasn’t interested in obtaining FMV.

Whether a potential buyer might feel an obligation to notify a seller of FMV may be a personal dilemma, be it philosophical or moral. Or no dilemma at all. Food for thought…nothing more.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Sometimes things just fall in your lap -- like a Noct-Nikkor

Yes, exactly. I go into every thrift store I find and tell them the real market value of any low priced cameras I see. And you should all do the same. It's only right.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rich815 View Post
    Yes, exactly. I go into every thrift store I find and tell them the real market value of any low priced cameras I see. And you should all do the same. It's only right.
    True - but a seller has some responsibility too.

Maybe I'm jaded, but I've been ripped off by sellers enough times that I don't feel a lot of guilt about getting a good deal on something. (I certainly will let a seller know if they're selling something for way way below market value though.)
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin