Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,698   Posts: 1,482,558   Online: 889

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rich815 View Post
    Yes, exactly. I go into every thrift store I find and tell them the real market value of any low priced cameras I see. And you should all do the same. It's only right.
    I really hope that is sarcastic, but I accept that it probably isn't. What's the rationality? Camera gear is a commodity, anyone can find the value of an item in seconds, just look at Buy it Now prices on Ebay- pipe-dreams! Does that same thrift store have the ethics to test a camera before they sell it?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Sometimes things just fall in your lap -- like a Noct-Nikkor

Quote Originally Posted by LiamG View Post
    I really hope that is sarcastic....
    It was.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I'd wondered if someone would raise the issue of whether I ripped off the buyer. At one time, back when Shutterbug was printed on yellow paper, camera collecting was a much less visible hobby, and information about market pricing was difficult for the lay-person to find, I think that may have been a legitimate question. But in today's world, as has been noted above, all you have to do is google "Noct-Nikkor" to find a ballpark value in seconds.

Did the seller do that? I don't know. Perhaps he did, and decided he just wanted to sell the camera. Perhaps he knew he could do the search, and didn't bother to do so. Perhaps he didn't make any effort and simply pulled a price out of thin air. I do know that he was selling a variety of other photographic items, so was not someone with limited experience of camera gear.

I'd like to think that in different circumstances, with a person less web-savvy, I'd offer a price that reflected my perception of the value of the item and my ability to afford the purchase. In this instance, the seller was educated, web-connected, and set a price -- I respected his right as an adult to do so.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would hate for something as heavy as a 1.2 Noct Nikkor "fall into my lap", and especially not attached to a Nikon F, in fact I think my wife would be willing to pay them not to
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    I scored that same lens attached to a consumer fm2 era body for 40 bucks about 3 years ago.

I was happy for what I got for it online on the auction site

Shooter
    35mm
    Btw, 6sn7s are a bit boring, and overused. Try something with a DHT, like 10/801/vt25 or for more gain, an avvt/eml av20. ;-)

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Well, I have been collecting "76" tubes to build a pre-amp along the lines of a article in Sound Practices, but just haven't had the time to do so yet. I picked up an Anthem tube pre-amp to drive my Berning EA-230, but kind of like things that I make myself. And I've got a Sonic Frontiers integrated tube amp (they only made 800) that uses EL-34s that I'd like to try some KT-77s in. Too many projects, not enough time...

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    For JoeA and brucemuir -- here's how the camera looks with your black back, brucemuir, and your nameplate, JoeA.
    Thanks for selling these on to me -- I appreciate it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCI1022.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	745.7 KB 
ID:	68578

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Lookin good.
    The Noct is what seals the deal

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't hate you...

Just send me the camera, and everything will be just fine. :wink:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin