Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,970   Posts: 1,523,480   Online: 955

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Both, the bad fit and the lack of infinity flange-film distance show that the T-Mount is rather a principle employed by several manufacturers than a universal system with complete interchangibility.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In the OP's case, I would say that he got two things to fit together, by grinding and filing, that weren't meant to fit together, which is why infinity is off. The pieces that I have (previously posted photo) do all fit together quite well, and the mount adapters are different depths so there is infinity focus with the same lens on different mounts. However, I'm not clear as to if what I have are called T-mounts, or something else.
    Reid

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rjbuzzclick/

"If I had a nickel for every time I had to replace a camera battery, I'd be able to get the #@%&$ battery cover off!" -Me

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The saga continues. My modification of the t-mount shouldn't have had any effect on the focus, because I only removed material from the circumference of the threaded insert. Both the Petri and Nikon adapters measure the same thickness, although the Petri bayonet and Nikon bayonet mounts are different. So I dusted off my old Nikon D200 and put the lens on it, and seemed to focus the infinity OK. (at least as OK that manual focussing a digital camera gets) The digital confirmation light lit up, so I took a few shots and put them on the computer and everything looked in focus. I upped the ISO so that I could use a high enough shutter speed for the lens to be set wide open. (5.6 @ 500th sec.) Took a couple of shots at an object about 100 to 150 ft. away at both 100mm and 200mm, and it looked sharp at infinity. Now I'll admit that the difference between a FTN and a D200 is fairly large, but I can't believe the lens mount and film plane/sensor plane is different, or you wouldn't be able to use any Nikon film lenses on the digital cameras. Maybe I'm wrong, and this is some more digital voodoo stuff. Any thoughts on this?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Here's a chart of camera mounts and register difference:

http://www.graphics.cornell.edu/~wes...-register.html

It doesn't have a Nikon Digital flange distance, but does have a Nikon F flange distance of 46.5mm. The Petri flange distance is listed as 45.5mm. I would say that if it works for you, consider is good and just use it!
    Reid

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rjbuzzclick/

"If I had a nickel for every time I had to replace a camera battery, I'd be able to get the #@%&$ battery cover off!" -Me

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin