Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,912   Posts: 1,521,630   Online: 968

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    ... The best I have achieved is ¼ second with my back pressed against a wall. Of course this is also dependent on how much you have had to drink the night before.
    Well, you'll be very steady of you drink enough and pass out.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Longest handheld exposure

Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    i don't know stone, you can see a clear image in most of the things i do long exposures of ...

http://www.apug.org/gallery1/showimage.php?i=69222
    http://www.apug.org/gallery1/showimage.php?i=71109
    http://www.apug.org/gallery1/showimage.php?i=63739
    http://www.apug.org/gallery1/showimage.php?i=64183

if you poke around my gallery here, or my blog ( nanianphoto.com/blog ) you will find more ..

LOL

i drinks maybe 4 shots of espresso a day
    but espresso doesn't have much caffeine in it ...
    Maybe you drink so much coffee your head shakes and you think those images are normal and clear LOL

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Maybe you drink so much coffee your head shakes and you think those images are normal and clear LOL
    LOL. At times a can of caffeinated pop can make me sleepy. It's kind of weird, that it rarely affects me (probably from life-long abuse of pepsi). I've only been "wired" about two or three times in my life, and one of those was after about a dozen cups of tea.

I've a coworker that has done five- and ten-second exposures in 35mm, and though mostly fuzzy, there is usually some part of the image that is "sharp" enough to look good.
    Not to the original post, but so far I've hand-held medium format at about 1/4 second with fair results.
    Truzi

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    1-2 seconds in a tunnel. Deep breath, steady hands, arms braced against my body like a tripod, mirror up....hope for the best!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails portrait graff writer.jpg   graff supplies.jpg  

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Longest handheld exposure

Quote Originally Posted by jordanstarr View Post
    1-2 seconds in a tunnel. Deep breath, steady hands, arms braced against my body like a tripod, mirror up....hope for the best!
    I call BS on two seconds lol, however you might just be counting fast, I can see ALMOST a second perhaps

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I call BS on two seconds lol, however you might just be counting fast, I can see ALMOST a second perhaps

~Stone

The picture of the graff materials is AT LEAST 2 seconds. I initially wrote 3 because that's what was in my notes, but I figured that I probably counted fast, so wrote 2.

I don't take offence to you calling BS...I would do that same if I had not have been the photographer. But look at the depth of field. I was shooting at f11 in a tunnel with 400 film, no pushing so I wouldn't blow the highlights out in the background too much. The first one is 1 second for sure. I have a few shots from that same angle (with the same settings) and have everyone blurry because of movement. This one just happened that the two guys in the back are spraying left to right and the frontman is standing somewhat still and looking at his piece. This is why it doesn't look like there's motion -their bodies weren't moving and their arms were doing more slight and fine, back and forth detail, rather than long lines.

I didn't post this as a "hey, look how long my exposure is" contest. I'm not that vain, nor that confident in my photo skills to try and strut around this forum like I'm king S&^# of photography. I'm simply showing what is my personal best shots with a long exposure to show what's possible.

Shooter
    Multi Format

~Stone
    4 shots of espresso is about the same caffeine as a cup of tea ..

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusM3 View Post
    ...and no double espresso
    There's always a catch, isn't there.

s-a
    I photograph things to see what things look like photographed.
    - Garry Winogrand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    With Pentax 67 and 45mm f4 (std prime), 1/30 with mirror lock up. But it is quite a whack all the same. 99.8% of my 67 work is tripod/cable release/MLU.
    With 35mm, 1/15 sec sec easily (24mm, which is my standard prime), but again tripod/release/MLU is much preferred, unless using Program which biases toward higher Tv at the expense of shallow Av.

When the quality of the image quality counts, I'm not one to take risks and not troubled by tripod use!
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    1/250 but I was drunk at the time ;o)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin