Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,533   Posts: 1,572,671   Online: 855

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by case-ie View Post
    These old Cameras were probably placed on tables or other accessoires. Also outside.
    for shutter time, I do a 1/30 with my old pentax me super with 50 mm lens, without precautions and get lucky in half of the shots.

Kees.

I just read about the contact prints, indeed that makes sense.
    I've pretty much decided that the one without a tripod socket is for Tri-X and the one with a socket is for Acros and PanF. I think they are a lot of fun! Not fancy but there is a kind of simple pleasure in using them. The one without the socket has a little lever built into the door so that you can trigger the shutter with your right hand while looking through the viewfinder, clearly for handheld use.. but it also has the little tab that lets you rest it on a desk in "portrait" orientation. I think you're right about tables, and that contact prints is right too. Makes sense.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sapins.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	130.3 KB 
ID:	67576
    This is an (around) ten seconds shot purely hand-held (without support), but the camera I used means almost cheating : a Minox 35EL.

Because :
    the Minotar lens is relatively short focal (35mm)
    the shutter release is very quiet
    the viewing is permanent (rangefinder style)
    the shutter is electronic : you only have to open it, stay still and wait until it automatically closes.

This image shows an interesting Xmas decoration in a french gothic church: suspended Xmas trees !

Paul

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SteNéonne.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	67.6 KB 
ID:	67577Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20ans.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	33.3 KB 
ID:	67578
    and these are two other handeld shots made with the same camera but maybe a little shorter (around 4 seconds).

The first image shows a statue in a sicilian church equipped with an electric neon glory. The second, my daughter aged 20.

I could also show other pictures made with a Yashica Electro 35, even longer exposures but not strictly hand-held (with the help of some opportunistic support). Anyway, rangefinders with electronic shutters are very convenient for such long exposure times.

Paul

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin