Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,712   Posts: 1,482,977   Online: 887

Shooter
    35mm

ALPA reflex: special ocular eyepiece for eyeglass wearers

Hello

I own an "ALPA 10D" and wear eyeglasses.

I wear my glasses when I am photographing. Unfortunately, like most eyeglass wearers, I cannot see the entire image area.

However, I recently discovered that ALPA made a special ocular eyepiece with a 1:0,7 magnification for people that wear eyeglasses or have recessed eyes. This eyepiece, with its reduced magnification, allows eyeglass wearers to see the entire image area.

This special ocular eyepiece is not a "diopter". It replaces the original 1:1 ocular that comes standard with the camera.

I could really use some help finding this "ALPA special ocular 1:0,7 eyepiece".

I have attached an image of the page on the ALPA 10D manual that discusses the "special eyepiece".

Thank you all in advance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails special eyepiece.jpg  

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to Apug!

I can't help you, but you made me curious about that interchangeble ocular, as I never came across anything like that. Maybe you could post a photo of yours, showing how it is fixed in the viewfinder.

Shooter
    35mm

ALPA 10D Ocular Eyepiece

The ocular eyepiece is the glass eyepiece on the outermost part of the viewing system.

I've attached a photo of them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ALPA 6236.jpg  

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you! So basically it slides into the viewfinder.

Shooter
    35mm
    yes. look at your viewfinder. you will see a black ring around it. That is the outer part of the ocular eyepiece.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I know, but did not know any eyepiece that could be interchanged, aside of exchanging complete viewfinders. Thus it is an interesting design.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin