Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,753   Posts: 1,483,918   Online: 1178

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    35mm
    Well, I bought an OM1n, with a 50 1/4 lens. Also bought some of the Wein batteries and the meter seems pretty accurate, when compared with an iPhone app meter. I'll probably only be shooting B+W, so it just needs to be accurate enough .

Haven't run any film through it yet. The foam at the hinge is a bit frayed and sticky, although the camera seems very clean inside. Not even sure where the mirror foam is...

I know a good repair person, so I suppose I ought to get them to CLA it. Was hoping to get away without having to do so, though. Is it worth running some film through it first, perhaps?

Thanks for all the tips everyone.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Worth a CLA Roundabout, the seals will need replacing at the very least. It has to be worth putting a film through first as it may show other things which need attention. I would go for a battery conversion or adaptor.
    I'm into painting with light - NOT painting by numbers!

Shooter
    35mm
    Well I ran a film through it and no problems. With send it for a CLA anyway, as the seals are crumbling a bit.

Lovely camera. Smooth film winding (especially compared to my 'tank' of a Topcon) and feels good to hold. Looking forward to using this a lot.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Great to hear you got what you set out to find.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin