Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,972   Posts: 1,558,666   Online: 1021

Shooter
    Multi Format

polarizing filter on viewfinders

I have just bought a Ricoh 35 ZF see pic it came with a Photax 1A filter which is basically a Skylight/UV filter but it also came with a Hoya PL-CIR (polarizing) filter as well
    my question is how do I use this on a viewfinder camera I know how they work on a SLR as you can see the affect but is there an easy way to set them up on a viewfinder.
    there is an index mark on the turning ring.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP0360.JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	130.5 KB 
ID:	67291

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If there is no mark, you can soon add one. With the filter off the lens, look through it and mark the lightest and darkest positions - if the filter is painted black you can scratch the positions with a pin.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Leitz have made several, and I'm sure many other manhufaturers have: it's a two part mount that swivels 180 degrees away from the lens so that the polarizing filter is then in front of the viewfinder. You adjust it to your taste and then rotate it back in front of the lens.

David

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin