Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,771   Posts: 1,484,311   Online: 1086

Page 10 of 87 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415162060 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    Some how I missed this camera when you posted, looks like great find. I like the 9x12 format and have few cameras but not reflex in this size so I'm rather envious.

Ian
    I like 9x12 a lot, but it's been a challenge to get film and holders. I ordered some Fomapan 200 from Macodirect, but they sent the wrong film and it's taking a lot of time and effort to get that sorted out. The Linhof holders I just got off of ebay were rusty and crusty inside--so another project at hand. The camera is the perfect size for a reflex and an enormous pleasure to take out shooting. It was a lucky find and well worth the extra effort of getting the film and holders. The only problem is, it has me searching for another Curt Bentzin camera or a Mentor reflex.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Vivitar Tec 155

Maybe the only point & shoot 35mm AF camera with a manual zoom lens,

Vivitar Tec 155 by Greyscale3, on Flickr

Shooter
    Multi Format
    After my Yashica TL-Electro was stolen in the summer of 1984, I promptly replaced it with a new Pentax ME-Super with the SMC-M 50/1.4. The following December, I was on the beach in Waikiki, the camera in my bag, only to discover the bottle of suntan lotion (they sold that back then) had leaked all over the bag into the camera body. The shutter was completely jammed, but the lens was still good. I detached the lens, used it on other subsequent Pentax bodies and put my ME-Super in a box, occasionally looked at over the years with a degree of sadness over what happened.

Then last week, I came across it. I thought I'd squirt a little Ronsonol inside just for grins and it loosened up! The shutter's still a little slow, so I sent it to Eric Hendrickson for a tune-up. What was once lost has now been found!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Minolta XG-7, 50mm f/1.7 MC Rokkor, Minolta Celtic 135mm and Minolta MD 70-200mm for the pricey sum of $19.42, shipping included. The XG-7 was just thrown in as an an adder - it wasn't thought to work. New batteries and a little cleaning and it's like new!
    All this has happened before, and all this will happen again.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I got this from the junk bin at a local store the other day.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dsc03965.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	602.0 KB 
ID:	68486

Name:	dsc03966.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	630.8 KB 
ID:	68487

Name:	dsc03968.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	495.6 KB 
ID:	68488

I didn't even know Mamiya made 35mm SLR cameras so it was a bit of a surprise. After looking it up I've learned that this particular zoom lens is somewhat rare. It has a magnification ring that acts like extension tubes. Kinda weird. The only problem is grungy light seals. The clerk at the store put new batteries in it for me and the final bill, including batteries, was 1,000 yen or about US$10! Such a deal. Soon I'll be running some film thru it.
    Pentax 67ii, Fuji GF670, Mamiya 6, Pentax 645N
    Chemical Cameras
    My Galleries

Shooter
    35mm
    Cool camera.

I have an old Mamiya/Sekor. I don't know much about it but it works very well.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ki7el/8...ream/lightbox/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry S View Post
    I like 9x12 a lot, but it's been a challenge to get film and holders. I ordered some Fomapan 200 from Macodirect, but they sent the wrong film and it's taking a lot of time and effort to get that sorted out. The Linhof holders I just got off of ebay were rusty and crusty inside--so another project at hand. The camera is the perfect size for a reflex and an enormous pleasure to take out shooting. It was a lucky find and well worth the extra effort of getting the film and holders. The only problem is, it has me searching for another Curt Bentzin camera or a Mentor reflex.
    Best place for holders is German ebay.de just remember login details are the same for all ebays it's a common database. I've just let 4 good Linhof style holders and a nice dual format Rollex back go for the cost of similar but to fit my own 9x12 cameras. Surprisingly even the worst rust seems to clean of easily from these plate holders. The APUG sponsor Fomafoto is the best source for 9x12 film, very fast.

Yes these old Reflex cameras are rather addictive, I seem to have gone from 1 to 5 in 6 months, 2 6x9's - an Ensign Speed Film Relflex, and a Thornton Pickard Ruby, two Quarter plate Dallmeyer Press (Ensign rebadged) and TP Ruby, plus the postcard sized Compact Graflex

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Your Werramatic

Quote Originally Posted by R.Gould View Post
    Werramatic from the early 60's
    Richard
    Hi Richard : well I was given a 'Werramatic' 1966 by a gent who saw me using one of my 'Old Cameras' and asked if I was interested in some free gear so I went over to Hornchurch ( Essex) with my Boy and the gent pulled out a very dusty box which came from a deceased Camera Club member -- I was scared at all the DUST as I know my WIFE would give me a right telling off if she saw it BUT on inspection there was lots of PRAKTICAS in bits, an old BRAUN HOBBY electronic flash from the late 1950's -'60's and further down a brown camera case which on opening contained a very CLEAN Werramatic !! Well, I cleaned up the Braun Flash and plugged it into the mains electric with my Braun lead as I have several of those units and it WORKED -- here is MY Werramatic ---

Werramatic by pentaxpete, on Flickr
    An 'Old Dog still learning New Tricks !

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    Another Canon F1N- AE body.
    Life's very strange this camera body was ordered by me from Canon UK in 1989 when I was the manager of a professional dealers for a friend who was the chief photographer for the city council, he ordered it as a backup for the two he already had, fast forward 24 years and we're both now retired are still friends and the camera has never been used and he says he's willing to sell me it for a very reasonable price, so I bit his hand off before he could change his mind, I don't suffer from G.A.S. this is only the second camera I've bought in the last 25 years but I'm absolutely delighted with it.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm RF
    My lastest old camera would be a Pentax MX with the Pentax M 50mm F1.4

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin