Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,556   Posts: 1,545,026   Online: 888

Page 106 of 110 FirstFirst ... 65696100101102103104105106107108109110 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1098
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A free Contax RTS II Quartz and a Yashica FR1 outfit with three lenses -- see my post under 35mm cameras and accessories.
    An 'Old Dog still learning New Tricks !

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Olympus XA with A11 flash. Popped a roll in it. Batteries are good, fires perfectly. Light seals appear good. I have the stylus epic which feels like a plastic piece of s**t, however the xa has some heft to it and actually feels like a camera, albeit a very small one. I also like the ability to manually focus and manually set the aperture. Suits my shooting style. Think I am going to like this camera.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Just bought another Contax 159MM as I was after the lens that came with it - the lovely Tamron SP 70-210 one-touch zoom. £70 bought the 159, W-7 Winder, Tamron SP 70-210 and the little 28-50 plus a Yashica FX-D; I have to say that I'm impressed with 70-210 - very sharp! Also just taken delivery of a very rare Tamron behemoth - the 70-350 f4.5 - an SP lens in all but name. Looking through it, and given its superb build quality, I'm curious as to why it was not part of the SP line-up; it's blisteringly sharp throughout its range. Popped a film into the 159MM earlier today and with its winder and a 55 1.2 Planar, it brought back some happy memories and hopefully took some nice shots here in the Usk Valley.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I got that same Tamron SP 70-210mm zoom with my Contax RTS II -- it had both the C/Y and the M42 Screw mounts so I took off the C/Y mount and use the M42 one on my Screw-thread Pentaxes and Prakticas !
    An 'Old Dog still learning New Tricks !

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Canon Prima AF-7

You'll say, that guy sure already has got some Canon Prima.
    Yes, he does. But no camera in Canon bag with Keith Haring-style graphics...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Not mine, however, someone got a great deal!! I'd love that 50mm!
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carl-Zeiss-J...vip=true&rt=nc

Shooter
    35mm

Followup - T90 ATTL flash with EZ420 Speedlight

Quote Originally Posted by vsyrek1945 View Post
    I thought I'd finally gotten over my longing for a Canon T90 after buying one at eBay some years ago that had a defective display, which the seller claimed came back to life after I returned it to him, and later getting one that worked fine, but I made the mistake of putting away without removing the batteries [I know better, but did I do better? NoooooOOOOOoo]. It worked for a roll and a half after I cleaned up the leakage residue and battery contacts last summer, but then quit for good. I sold it off last summer as a parts/repair lot, followed by the 300TL Speedlite I used with it, figuring that the EF and AT-1 bodies I have should be enough.

My GAS has been fairly well controlled the last few months, but when I saw the eBay auction for a T90 described as working and having a small bit of oil on a shutter blade, I couldn't resist [I have a light touch with 91% alcohol on a cotton swab]. I matched the seller's opening bid, and had no competition for it.

Delivered yesterday [Thursday, July 31], this T90's cosmetics are EX+, close to mint, and the while the mark on the shutter blade is from wear, not oil, the shutter and electronics are all working as they should. I ran a 24-shot roll of C-41 through it, shooting a few frames with a handy EZ420 Speedlite in place of the departed 300TL, and all seemed OK from loading to rewind. Since York Photo has been giving ten day turnaround of late, it'll be a while before I'll know if all is well.
    The finished prints and negs from the roll of Filmworks color print film I shot with the T90 came back today [ten days - York Photo is consistent!], and my T90 appears to be working well in all respects.

The biggest question I had concerned using the T90 with an EOS-compatible speedlight, and I have my answer. I bounced the EZ420's beam off my kitchen ceiling for this shot of canisters and water bottle on the counter. A mundane shot, but nicely exposed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 201408a006.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    $2 at a yard sale, a Spotmatic F with 55/1.8 SMC Takumar. The whole camera was filthy, I had to take the top off to clean it without washing debris into the camera; the mirror stuck up after a few cycles but lubricating the pivot of the wheel driven by the second curtain fixed that.
    The body has lots of marks on the baseplate, no dents, paint loss from the hippy strap; the lens is very clean with pristine glass, the meter works and the shutter is OK for now. I'd forgotten how nice the Spotmatics were.

A few weeks ago a friend brought me a filthy 55/2.2 Auto Takumar from the dump. The dirt on that lens was the same color (like a bunch of small but incontinent animals had lived on top) as the Spotmatic, I wouldn't be surprised if they came from the same place. This lens also cleaned up well, two small marks on the front glass.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Konica Tomato

Basically it is a red Konica Pop. I already got some Pops, including a red one. But this got the tomato designation printed on it instead. And a appropriate bag.

I love tomatoes. Thus...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nothing special but picked up an original rebel with 35-80 lens from thrift store. Not that I wanted a film rebel but it is in perfect condition cosmetically and wanted an eos film body for all my eos lenses. Popped a battery in it and it works perfectly. For some reason, the camera just "fits" my hand. Also very light. Like a lightweight 20d in my hands.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin