Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,922   Posts: 1,584,982   Online: 1068

Page 14 of 118 FirstFirst ... 48910111213141516171819202464114 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    waiting for a 1950's perkeo 1 that I got hold of yesterday

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Oops, just got another.

Bronica SQ-A with WL finder, 150mm f4, 120 back, and Polaroid back.

Might be time to start selling off cameras. Getting too many with never enough time to use them.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Nikon FE with 1.8 50mm. Rescue from the landfill. Works perfectly.

Todd

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddB View Post

Todd
    Use it until it quits and then return it for a refund.
    APUG: F, F/FTN,F2,F2A,F2AS,F3,F3HP,FA,FE,FM,FM2,FE2,XK,XM,XD, XD-5,XD-7,XD-11,XE,XE-5,XE-7,SRT101,SRT102,XG9,XG7,XG1,XG-SE,XG-M,X700,OM-1,OM-1n,OM-2,OM-2n,OM-4,F-1,F-1N,AE-1P,R5,500C/M,SCII
    DPUG:D100,D200,D300

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi all:

I just got an Argus C3. Came with a flash, an amber filter with lens hood, an attachable f/stop ring, and a clear filter. Not a bad set up. Though the camera could use some cleaning.

Wow heavy camera. I've got a couple of questions though.

The shutter cock level seems to be on backwards. Is it possible to pry it off and turn it around?

The focus finder seems to work but it's amber display only goes up about half way. It does seem to work, I guess I need guidance though on what it should look like, though it doesn't bother me.

I've attached a photo. I apologize now for having used a digital camera to capture it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	argusc3.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	370.2 KB 
ID:	69221

Shooter
    35mm
    I think the shutter cock has a small set screw you need to loosen as opposed to prying it off. Not positive but I just remember there being one. Also I believe the yellow half way up is correct. If you take the lens off don't rotate the focus wheel too far, you will screw it all up. Don't ask how I know..........

Quote Originally Posted by dotyj View Post
    Hi all:

I just got an Argus C3. Came with a flash, an amber filter with lens hood, an attachable f/stop ring, and a clear filter. Not a bad set up. Though the camera could use some cleaning.

Wow heavy camera. I've got a couple of questions though.

The shutter cock level seems to be on backwards. Is it possible to pry it off and turn it around?

The focus finder seems to work but it's amber display only goes up about half way. It does seem to work, I guess I need guidance though on what it should look like, though it doesn't bother me.

I've attached a photo. I apologize now for having used a digital camera to capture it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	argusc3.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	370.2 KB 
ID:	69221

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamar View Post
    I think the shutter cock has a small set screw you need to loosen as opposed to prying it off. Not positive but I just remember there being one. Also I believe the yellow half way up is correct. If you take the lens off don't rotate the focus wheel too far, you will screw it all up. Don't ask how I know..........
    Some research last night confirms what you said about the yellow half of the focus window. Looks like my camera was made between 1948 and 1950 and that was a common feature.

I've just checked and I don't see a set screw on the cocking lever. It does work but it would be nice to have it on correctly.

The focus wheel is stiff so I'll likely take the lens off to see what's causing it. I'll take your wise advise on being careful with it.

Thanks for the advice it seems prudent.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddB View Post

Todd
    I saved books from the papermill and electronics from the electronics disposal.
    But I have not yet looked for cameras at a landfill. Seemingly I missed something.

Meanwhile the classic landfills are no longer being filled, as incineration is compulsory by now.
    Thus I won't have this option anymore anyway...

Shooter
    35mm
    dotyj,

I did a quick search and found the cocking lever on the C3 is left hand threaded onto the shaft with an adjusting nut below it to get it to the position you want. You have inspired me to try to fix the focus on my Dad's old C3 as well which I screwed up many years ago. Here are few shots he took with it back in the 50's.

Quote Originally Posted by dotyj View Post
    Some research last night confirms what you said about the yellow half of the focus window. Looks like my camera was made between 1948 and 1950 and that was a common feature.

I've just checked and I don't see a set screw on the cocking lever. It does work but it would be nice to have it on correctly.

The focus wheel is stiff so I'll likely take the lens off to see what's causing it. I'll take your wise advise on being careful with it.

Thanks for the advice it seems prudent.
    Last edited by Lamar; 05-24-2013 at 12:49 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Those are fantastic! Wow! If my dad were still alive he would have loved those.

I'll unthread the lever tonight and adjust the nut. Thank you for finding that.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin