Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,556   Posts: 1,545,082   Online: 1026

Page 15 of 110 FirstFirst ... 591011121314151617181920212565 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Yay I have the shutter cock lever facing the correct direction now.

My C3 came with the owner's manual. They explain how to remove and re-attach the lens. I'd be happy to scan if if you'd like.

I had a hard time getting the idler gear cover off, turns out the focus ring was stuck and all I was doing was slightly unscrewing the lens from the body. Once I got the lens off I was able to work it free again.

I cleaned the lenses and a bit of the body to spruce the camera up and it's good to go.

Thanks for your help.

Shooter
    35mm
    Glad to help. I actually fixed my C3 as well....... I think. I Googled Argus C3 and from the assorted sites I was able to figure out how to re-set the focus and also fix my shutter speed selector which I don't believe was working correctly. I'm shooting a roll of film in it now to see if it really worked. Thanks for the inspiration!! Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by dotyj View Post

My C3 came with the owner's manual. They explain how to remove and re-attach the lens. I'd be happy to scan if if you'd like.

I had a hard time getting the idler gear cover off, turns out the focus ring was stuck and all I was doing was slightly unscrewing the lens from the body. Once I got the lens off I was able to work it free again.

I cleaned the lenses and a bit of the body to spruce the camera up and it's good to go.

Thanks for your help.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hopefully I will know what my latest old camera is tomorrow. This weekend is the 100 mile yard sale on state highway 25, in southeast Missouri.

I'm hoping that somewhere in 100 miles, somebody has a decent price, on a halfway decent camera.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Good luck with the sale!
    My latest is a Retina iia. Great camera. My favorite of the retina folding series.
    I need to develop a roll from my Canonet first, but I think I will try to load up the retina with fuji 400 and go for a drive this weekend.
    Go not to the elves for counsel, for they will say both yes and no.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It may come as a shock to some people, but I confess I've only bought two cameras during the past 25 years, there must something wrong with me because I never think about my "next" camera, I'm just happy with what I have.
    Last edited by benjiboy; 05-25-2013 at 05:53 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    It may come as a shock to some people, but I confess I've only bought two cameras during the past 25 years, there must something wrong with me because I never think about my "next" camera, I'm just happy with what I have.
    I believe your self diagnosis is probably spot on.

You likely belong to that sad little minority who master their equipment, and can get the results they want out of it.

For others like me, we start out with much more enthusiasm than ability. Wishing to run before we can walk, we take close note of the equipment used to produce images we admire. So that we may produce "images like that".

Then, if you are like some of us, you get to the point that you forget which equipment you bought to get a certain "look", long before you attempt that image.

Which is not really a problem, because by now you have seen another image and are off pursuing the gear listed for that image.

And that, my friends, is how I got GAS.

Shooter
    35mm
    YMMD!

(I only wish your observations weren't so darn true...)

Michael

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Now you know why it is called "The Brick" ... referring to the post about the Argus C3

Shooter
    35mm
    Just an FYI. After running a roll thru the ol' brick I figured out why you see those cocking levers on backwards. I probably have three or four frames that will be over exposed because my middle finger was in the way of its return trip when I released the shutter causing the shutter to stay open longer than needed. I just adjusted mine to be reversed so it points toward the lens......

Quote Originally Posted by dotyj View Post

Thanks for your help.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ambaker View Post
    I believe your self diagnosis is probably spot on.

You likely belong to that sad little minority who master their equipment, and can get the results they want out of it.

For others like me, we start out with much more enthusiasm than ability. Wishing to run before we can walk, we take close note of the equipment used to produce images we admire. So that we may produce "images like that".

Then, if you are like some of us, you get to the point that you forget which equipment you bought to get a certain "look", long before you attempt that image.

Which is not really a problem, because by now you have seen another image and are off pursuing the gear listed for that image.

And that, my friends, is how I got GAS.
    I found out Mr. Baker more than thirty years ago by bitter experience as I've often written on this forum that buying more and more and better equipment doesn't solve the problem and make you a good photographer you can't buy creativity, and most hobbyist own more and much better equipment that the great photographers we all admire ever had that they became legends with.
    The problem and sad fact is when a person eventually has all the best and most expensive equipment that their heart desires, and their work is still crap, they have nowhere to go, and nothing to blame.
    Ben

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin