Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,764   Posts: 1,516,237   Online: 1032

Page 19 of 99 FirstFirst ... 9131415161718192021222324252969 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Lol, what were you doing in the dumpster in the first place?!

Yeah, the soligor lens is bright and quite nice. A bonus is that they unscrew very easily so you can clean them up yourself. I've taken mine apart twice now.

-Xander

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I picked this up locally for $25 (I paid $15 for the lens last summer):

Minolta X-700 with MC Rokkor PG 50/1.4 by Greyscale3, on Flickr

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast14riot View Post
    Lol, what were you doing in the dumpster in the first place?!
    Yeah, the soligor lens is bright and quite nice. A bonus is that they unscrew very easily so you can clean them up yourself. I've taken mine apart twice now.

-Xander
    I wasn't in the dumpster, I was standing next to it preparing to insert my trash. Around here, it's prudent to look in the dumpster before tossing. It could be occupied...

Shooter
    35mm
    I finally did some proper film shots of my latest pre-AI bodies, all acquired since March except for the "F", which I've had for a while...... The shots were taken with my other new body, a Nikon FM, on Ilford HP5 plus.

The F2SB I bought with a DP-1 finder. Sover Wong has finished refurbishing the original DP-3 and it should be back soon. Based on the pics of the internals he sent me it definitely needed a rebuild....... Looking forward to getting it back.

F2 Photomic:

Nikkormat FT2:

F Photomic FTn:

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Took delivery of an Ihagee Exakta Varex IIb today. Has a shutter problem (second curtain does not move very far) but I am hoping that dry firing the shutter a lot of times will cure this. Works on other cameras I have that have not been used for 20/30 years.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    My latest is a Kodak No. 2 box Brownie model E (Canadian Kodak) which I paid £1 for last week. It needed a good clean and some work on the shutter to get it going again.

Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    Around here, it's prudent to look in the dumpster before tossing. It could be occupied...
    This reminds me of a lesson I once learned the hard way.

Cats hate having bags of garbage land on top of them.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    Zenit E last week. Self timer lever missing and no lens but it cost me £2. Shutter slightly sticky on a few frames but the lightmeter works.

Shooter
    35mm
    Canon AF35M II (Sureshot)

Canon Sureshot AF35M II by jimmybuzaid, on Flickr

Shooter
    35mm
    Picked up a Pentax ME Super in good user contrition today with an M50 1.7, an A28 2.8, an AF200s flash, a couple of hippy straps, a junk tripod, and a vivitar 85-210 zoom for $50. The meter and shutter seem accurate. Pentax prime lenses are in great shape but there's a pretty good 1/4" scratch on the front element of that zoom. Doesn't seem to be worth anything anyway though. Just e mailed Jon Goodman for a seal kit.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin