Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,875   Online: 1034

Page 24 of 107 FirstFirst ... 14181920212223242526272829303474 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A Yashica TL Super, with an Auto Yashinon DX 50/2 lens. Don't know if the meter works, the shutter works at all speeds - that is, it doesn't cap. Cosmetically pretty nice, the seals are goo. Cost $2.15.

Has anyone out there used one?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I know that there should be no battery issues with the TL Super, it uses alkaline or silver 1.5 volt batteries. That lens is excellent.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by elcabezagrande View Post
    I know that there should be no battery issues with the TL Super, it uses alkaline or silver 1.5 volt batteries. That lens is excellent.
    Thanks, I've heard the screwmount Yashica lenses can be very good. The instructions state that it is the first camera to use the then-new S76 cell. It also has a hotshoe, pretty snazzy for 1966.

A few months ago I bought a Pentax H1a for very little. I thought it would be nice to have a screwmount body so I could play with all the lenses available, it seems to have become a nucleus for a new accumulation of gear!
    Last edited by E. von Hoegh; 06-27-2013 at 10:18 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Just when I decided that I already had enough, A Nikon FE2 arrived in the post courtesy of a 'gear giveaway' thread on Photo.Net.

It has a slightly bent shutter blade which I was told needed to be straightened but I'm going to try it as it is first as it appears to work and doesn't let in any light (except when it should).

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My sister recently gave me her Canon AE-1 Program, a camera that she rarely ever used. It, along with the 50/1.8, only needed a light dusting and some film.

Shooter
    35mm
    Well, I'm blessed with a wonderful wife who knew I wanted a Nikon F5 or F6... at least that's what I thought she knew! On our anniversary she gifted me with a nice F5 from Adorama. I shot a roll and a half in it - whence I noticed the AF wasn't working properly. Any lens wider than 50mm wouldn't focus to infinity! So I informed my wife, sadly, that the camera must go back. She seemed sadder than I was, but disappeared for a few minutes, then came back and presented me with an F6! She thought I wanted BOTH cameras and purchased both, one for our anniversary, one for my birthday. So I am now the very happy owner of a super nice F6.

For those of you, on the fence, about whether to grab one of these "last great film cameras" I can only say this thing is amazing. Get one, new or used.

I love my wife!
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Your wife, my friend... is a keeper.
    A F6 aint to shabby for a backup LMAO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfeye View Post
    Well, I'm blessed with a wonderful wife who knew I wanted a Nikon F5 or F6... at least that's what I thought she knew! On our anniversary she gifted me with a nice F5 from Adorama. I shot a roll and a half in it - whence I noticed the AF wasn't working properly. Any lens wider than 50mm wouldn't focus to infinity! So I informed my wife, sadly, that the camera must go back. She seemed sadder than I was, but disappeared for a few minutes, then came back and presented me with an F6! She thought I wanted BOTH cameras and purchased both, one for our anniversary, one for my birthday. So I am now the very happy owner of a super nice F6.

For those of you, on the fence, about whether to grab one of these "last great film cameras" I can only say this thing is amazing. Get one, new or used.

I love my wife!

TBN
    Fredericks Harbour (Frederikshavn), Denmark
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    A chrome Nikon FM2.. I'm actually proud of myself; haven't bought any "new" cameras, this year (so far)... The FM2, I got that on the last day of last year! :o)

Shooter
    35mm
    A Minolta X7A Yard sale item for $5 and a F4s to replace the F4 lost at sea 3 weeks ago

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    If I may,how did you lose a camera at sea?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin