Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,921   Posts: 1,522,097   Online: 711

Page 25 of 103 FirstFirst ... 15192021222324252627282930313575 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    A mint Canon FT for my museum,25euros, and a well (ab)used Canon F1new for use... 60 euros...
    When my old F1 is back from service, I have both then for the first t ime...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In the Continuing Saga of The Confessional Booth Ramblings, here is the latest disclosure. And it is a doozy. I really fell off the wagon this time.

Once again, it is Saturday morning. Yes, I am standing in the line for the Confessional Booth. Again. It's pretty long today. Well, for what I did, it will not make any real difference. I am going to be here for a while. . . .

Ah. My turn now.

Forgive me, Father, for I have sinned.

Yes, Father, I am here again, and I am afraid that I really did it this time.

Well, it all just seemed to "happen." I am not really sure how it all came together and added up, but it did. And now I am here and I think that I need to talk about it. It all started with a trip to one of the nicer camera pusher's store, and they had received the equipment from an estate, and I do like to support the memory of the fellow who died and to provide his family with something that fairly represents what his equipment was worth, but I think I may have over done it, and I came out with a Nikon F with the Photomic FTn finder and a nice NIKKOR-S Auto 50mm f:1.4 lens in a really nice looking brown Nikon case, a KMZ Zenit-EM black body with the MOSKVA 1980 Olympic Games logo and a Helios-44M-2 58mm f:2 lens, a Minolta XE-7 with the MC ROKKOR 50mm f:1.4 lens, and a 1941 FED 1d 'Leica look-alike" with a FED collapsible 50mm f:3.5 lens, all in good condition leather cases, and there were two Tamron lenses in there also. But it gets worse. That is not all that I did. I was in another camera repair shop, and the guy just handed to me a Canon EOS-620 with the comment that; "It might even work." For free. When I bought and put in a 2CR5 battery, it did work. Then I went back the next day to buy from him an Asahi-Pentax "auto 110" cartridge camera kit with three lenses and an electronic flash, and he had sitting on his counter top a Minolta XD-7 with the MD ROKKOR 50mm f:1.4 lens and a Minolta MD ROKKOR 80-200mm f:4.5 zoom lens and the Minolta auto 200X electronic flash, that he had just taken in that morning, and he said that he would make me a deal that I could not refuse. He did, and I didn't. So that is seven (7) camera bodies and twelve (12) lenses. I think that was all of them. Father, I think that I may need help. I do not seem to be able to control it any more.

Father, THAT MUCH ?!?!?! You want me to do that much? Well, yes, you are right. I really did it this time, didn't I? And, yes, Father, I can see that if it reaches the point where it costs me something and I start to feel it, then I am more likely to do something about it.

Yes, Father, I will be all right. I just do not feel very cheerful right now. Thank you, Father. See you next week. I guess.

a very penitent Ralph
    in Latte Land, Washington
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Javins View Post
    In the Continuing Saga of The Confessional Booth Ramblings, here is the latest disclosure. And it is a doozy. I really fell off the wagon this time.

Once again, it is Saturday morning. Yes, I am standing in the line for the Confessional Booth. Again. It's pretty long today. Well, for what I did, it will not make any real difference. I am going to be here for a while. . . .

Ah. My turn now.

Well, it all just seemed to "happen." I am not really sure how it all came together and added up, but it did. And now I am here and I think that I need to talk about it. It all started with a trip to one of the nicer camera pusher's store, and they had received the equipment from an estate, and I do like to support the memory of the fellow who died and to provide his family with something that fairly represents what his equipment was worth, but I think I may have over done it, and I came out with a Nikon F with the Photomic FTn finder and a nice NIKKOR-S Auto 50mm f:1.4 lens in a really nice looking brown Nikon case, a KMZ Zenit-EM black body with the MOSKVA 1980 Olympic Games logo and a Helios-44M-2 58mm f:2 lens, a Minolta XE-7 with the MC ROKKOR 50mm f:1.4 lens, and a 1941 FED 1d 'Leica look-alike" with a FED collapsible 50mm f:3.5 lens, all in good condition leather cases, and there were two Tamron lenses in there also. But it gets worse. That is not all that I did. I was in another camera repair shop, and the guy just handed to me a Canon EOS-620 with the comment that; "It might even work." For free. When I bought and put in a 2CR5 battery, it did work. Then I went back the next day to buy from him an Asahi-Pentax "auto 110" cartridge camera kit with three lenses and an electronic flash, and he had sitting on his counter top a Minolta XD-7 with the MD ROKKOR 50mm f:1.4 lens and a Minolta MD ROKKOR 80-200mm f:4.5 zoom lens and the Minolta auto 200X electronic flash, that he had just taken in that morning, and he said that he would make me a deal that I could not refuse. He did, and I didn't. So that is seven (7) camera bodies and twelve (12) lenses. I think that was all of them. Father, I think that I may need help. I do not seem to be able to control it any more.

Father, THAT MUCH ?!?!?! You want me to do that much? Well, yes, you are right. I really did it this time, didn't I? And, yes, Father, I can see that if it reaches the point where it costs me something and I start to feel it, then I am more likely to do something about it.

Yes, Father, I will be all right. I just do not feel very cheerful right now. Thank you, Father. See you next week. I guess.

a very penitent Ralph
    Nice purchases Ralph. The penance, whatever it was, wouldn't keep me from this wonderful list of goodies.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Art

Shooter
    Multi Format

Ah. My turn now.

a very penitent Ralph
    Ralph, you need to find a church without a confessional.

Shooter
    35mm
    I just purchased another Contax Aria. When my other Aria went in for repair recently, I realized that it would be good to have an slr that I can easily carry around during the summer months especially. I already own the Contax RX, but I use that (along with the Aria) during the other 9 months of the year.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Ah. My turn now.

a very penitent Ralph
    Ralph, this is not a confession. It is righteous bragging. Drop the pretense of confessing and just belly up to the bar and let loose with your bragging.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Another F3P to add to the F3HP, which is currently wearing a DE-5 prism and an MF-6B back... Should be at the post office tomorrow (Monday) waiting to be picked up. Also have an AS-17 waiting there. One that looks to have never been used and is still in the box. I did subtract a few things, though. Nikomat FT2 is gone, as is the chrome FM2n, and the F4. Added a 55/2.8 Micro-Nikkor AIS, and a 50/1.4 Nikkor-SC.

-J
    APUG: F5, F4s, F3P, F2ASx2, F
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 35/2 O, 50/1.4 AI, 50/1.8 AF, 50/2 H, 85/1.8 K, 105/4 Micro AIS

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ansco Speedex Junior, with original box & manual. Free gift from co-worker.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    A Nikon FE2 arrived in the post courtesy of a 'gear giveaway' thread on Photo.Net.

It has a slightly bent shutter blade which I was told needed to be straightened but I'm going to try it as it is first as it appears to work and doesn't let in any light (except when it should).
    Managed to straighten it a bit and a roll of film put through it on a bright sunny day confirmed that there were no unofficial paths for any rogue photons to reach the film.

Steve.

Shooter
    35mm
    Just arrived Saturday, 7/13, an Olympus Pen VF camera. Very early manfacture, made by a subcontractor, Sanko Shoji, probably right before Olympus took over production in June, 1960.

Partially disassemblled to clean viewfinder and also replaced light sealing foam on removeable back. I short loaded some Pan F and, when it cools off enough to live will complete roll and examine results.

The Copal X 2 blade shutter runs fine, the lens is very clean and I can hardly wait to see results. A another little half frame beauty. (Hey, my ID is 'pen s' after all.)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin