Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,628   Online: 723

Page 26 of 110 FirstFirst ... 16202122232425262728293031323676 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Oo, Ooo! Just got a Kodak Autographic Junior No. 1 with the rapid rectilinear lens. Quite common I know, but it was in really nice condition, and hey, 120 film. Cleaned the lens up, and as soon as it cools off outside will take it for a test spin.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Got the aforementioned F3P in the mail this morning from the UK. Went in for service about an hour later. Needs quite a bit of attention before it's fully useable again.

-J
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 9012258_1.jpg  
    APUG: F4, F2AS, F, Nikomat FTn
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 24/2.8 AI, 50/1.4 AI, 85/1.8 K, 180/2.8 ED AIS, 300/4.5 ED AI

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sometimes you choose the camera; sometimes the camera chooses you.

Just over a week ago, at the local camera store, I picked up a Nikon camera out of their unlabeled junk bin. It was an N90s. When I asked how much, he said $29.95, but that he'd gladly stick batteries in it to see if it worked. I said if it didn't work, I'd gladly buy the Domke strap attached. He said $4 for the strap.
    He put new batteries in and flicked the switch, but the camera's LCD panel stayed dead. So I got the strap for $4 plus tax, with the dead camera attached.
    When I got home, just for curiosity I reloaded the camera with batteries. It lit up instantly and functioned perfectly! I just recently spent a few more bucks on eBay to buy a MB-10 grip to put on it.
    I'll be taking this instead of my FM up to Wisconsin for a trip next month, since the meter in the FM seems to have given up the ghost.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Christian View Post
    Sometimes you choose the camera; sometimes the camera chooses you.

Just over a week ago, at the local camera store, I picked up a Nikon camera out of their unlabeled junk bin. It was an N90s. When I asked how much, he said $29.95, but that he'd gladly stick batteries in it to see if it worked. I said if it didn't work, I'd gladly buy the Domke strap attached. He said $4 for the strap.
    He put new batteries in and flicked the switch, but the camera's LCD panel stayed dead. So I got the strap for $4 plus tax, with the dead camera attached.
    When I got home, just for curiosity I reloaded the camera with batteries. It lit up instantly and functioned perfectly! I just recently spent a few more bucks on eBay to buy a MB-10 grip to put on it.
    I'll be taking this instead of my FM up to Wisconsin for a trip next month, since the meter in the FM seems to have given up the ghost.
    My experience has shown that installing batteries with the proper polarity, that is in the correct direction, generally produces better results. YMMV
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That was my thought as well, Sirius, but I wasn't going to say anything inside the store.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    My experience has shown that installing batteries with the proper polarity, that is in the correct direction, generally produces better results. YMMV

Guys, ya gotta watch Steve. He may surprise you.

Steve and I were talking about my known and demonstrated addictive tendencies with photography gear (yeah, GAS), and I was telling him about my concerns over this, and that if this continued, I might be looking at such things as "treatment" and "rehabilitation." and just to show what kind of sympathy, understanding, and support I can get, Steve offered to sell me another camera.
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Nikon_F View Post
    Got the aforementioned F3P in the mail this morning from the UK. Went in for service about an hour later. Needs quite a bit of attention before it's fully useable again.

-J

Ahhh...So you were one of the folks I was bidding against (when the F3P/MD4 was first posted). Congratulations! BTW: What is with the bare metal on the drive handle? Looking at the pics, I couldn't decide if the pattern was a QC issue from Nikon, an idiosyncratic wear pattern ( the way the camera was carried?), or abrasions from saltwater spray!
    An assortment of F-series Nikons (F to F6, excluding the F4) with quite a few Nikkors, a pair of M6s with some Leitz glass, a pair of 500c/ms with a wide range of Zeiss optics and, just to help keep Duracell solvent, a D800.

Favourite films: (1). KE ("Kodachrome Era"): 35mm: PKM25 and PKR64, HP5/Tri-X; 120: PKR64, PanF, FP4. (2). PKE ("Post-Kodachrome Era"): (a) 35mm: E100G, HP5 Plus/Tri-X and Delta 3200; (b) 120: E100G, PanF Plus, FP4 Plus, TMax 100.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Bradley, it's the latter. PO used the camera for photographing boats (as mentioned in my Nikon F3 FB post) on the water.

-J
    APUG: F4, F2AS, F, Nikomat FTn
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 24/2.8 AI, 50/1.4 AI, 85/1.8 K, 180/2.8 ED AIS, 300/4.5 ED AI

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    35mm
    This weekend, my stepfather gave me a Polaroid land camera model 95 and a yashica Electro35 G.

Shooter
    35mm
    I bought a used Rollei 35s. I admired this camera in the 70's but it was too expensive. Now it is close to the same price, but I have more spendable income.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin