Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,710   Posts: 1,482,921   Online: 1025

Page 28 of 87 FirstFirst ... 18222324252627282930313233343878 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images

Kallo 35 rangefinder & Retina II automatic

I got me an old Kowa Kallo 35 rangefinder (with case) in good working order and a Kodak Retina II automatic.
    I don't trust the shutter of the Retina (will test). The small nameplate is also missing (right above lens).
    The set was $30 along with some other junk.

I don't know much about the Kolla rangefinder (from Japan, 1950's) so I posted a thread in the Rangefinder section. See:
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum65/1...-any-good.html

No luck yet, so if you can tell me something about this camera I would be grateful.
    Thanks,
    Bert from Holland

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kowa-Kallo-35-rangefinder 075.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	168.8 KB 
ID:	71863 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kowa-Kallo-35-rangefinder 074.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	171.3 KB 
ID:	71864 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kowa-Kallo-35-rangefinder 078.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	148.7 KB 
ID:	71865 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kowa-Kallo-35-rangefinder 076.jpg 
Size:	146.1 KB 
ID:	71867 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kowa-Kallo-35-rangefinder 071.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	147.5 KB 
ID:	71866
    (Kowa Kallo 35)

Name:	Kodak_Retina_II_automatic-front.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	73.8 KB 
ID:	71862(Kodak Retina II automatic)
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* "So much time and so little to do. Wait a minute. Strike that. Reverse it. Thank you." (the original Willy Wonka: Gene Wilder, 1971)
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Shooter
    35mm

Nikon N90s

Hello, anyone, this is my first post to the Group.

With a fridge full of 35mm film that hasn't been touched in seven years sitting in my basement, and the prospects of a reasonably priced DSLR with a 24x36 mm sensor looking very dim [I can't see myself dropping over 2 kilobucks on either an EOS 6D or D600], I realized that it's time I got back to shooting some film.

Having started with a Canon FTb in 1971 that I sold to KEH in 1995 [a hard lesson in the dynamics of the used camera marketplace], I moved to Canon auto-focus as my first-line outfit. I acquired Olympus OM, Pentax and Ricoh K-mount, and Nikkormat outfits during the late 1990s, most of which I have to sell off, but never put aside my Canon EOS gear, and augmented it with a second-hand D-Rebel in 2005, but that's off-topic here, and I apologize for the digression [FWIW, I sold off the D-Rebel in less than two years, after buying a Pentax K10D for its built-in shake reduction in 2007, then wound up trading in the K10D last September on a Nikon D7000].

I have very strong CBS [Camera Buying Syndrome] as well as LBA [Lens Buying Addiction], so I found myself browsing eBay for a Nikon body that would be compatible with a lens collection that includes several Tamron, Vivitar, Tokina and Kiron lenses Bob Monaghan labelled Cult Classics on his web site, as well as a few pre-AI, AI, AI-s, Series E and non-D AF Nikkors, and came up with a Nikon FA; later, I put in a $25 bid on a Nikon N90s with battery grip and Op-Tech strap to track the auction, expecting to bet outbid just before the auction closed. Surprisingly, no one outbid me on the N90s, so it takes the title of my newest old camera, even though it's not really THAT old [I know, neither FA nor N90s goes with my pre-AI Nikkors, the pre-AI Vivitar Series 1 135mm f2.3, Spiratone Proxitel 200mm f4 and non-AI Vivitar T4 and TX pieces, but the Nikkors can be AI'd, and I found out the others can at least be mounted on later bodies without damaging their aperture ridge sensing levers - a $2 plus shipping junker Nikon EM body from eBay served as my test vessel, and provided me with a compatible battery holder for my FA and carrying strap besides, more than paying for its purchase].

BTW, both the FA and N90s are in great cosmetic and operating condition; I found a NOS replacement for the sticky original N90s back, an eyepiece for the FA, and eye cups for both.

Thanks and regards,
    Vince

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by vsyrek1945 View Post
    Hello, anyone, this is my first post to the Group.

With a fridge full of 35mm film that hasn't been touched in seven years sitting in my basement, and the prospects of a reasonably priced DSLR with a 24x36 mm sensor looking very dim [I can't see myself dropping over 2 kilobucks on either an EOS 6D or D600], I realized that it's time I got back to shooting some film.

BTW, both the FA and N90s are in great cosmetic and operating condition; I found a NOS replacement for the sticky original N90s back, an eyepiece for the FA, and eye cups for both.
    Thanks and regards,
    Vince
    Hi Vince,
    Welcome to APUG! I bought me a Nikon F90x (= N90s in USA) two months ago and also replaced the sticky back with a new one from Nikon.
    It's a wonderful camera.
    So, empty that fridge and show us your results please ;-)

Name:	Nikon_F90x_top-01.jpg 
Size:	41.9 KB 
ID:	71916 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nikon_F90x_front-01.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	291.4 KB 
ID:	71917
    Bert from Holland

* "So much time and so little to do. Wait a minute. Strike that. Reverse it. Thank you." (the original Willy Wonka: Gene Wilder, 1971)
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Shooter
    35mm
    Roberts Camera in Indianapolis had a replacement back [their last one] as a "Buy It Now/Make Offer" on eBay; the eye cup is an aftermarket off-brand from a different vendor, but a perfect fit.

We have some perennials in containers around our house, which gives me opportunities to practice flower close-up photography.

I just got a set of slides back yesterday from Dwayne's of Parsons, KS [a Fujichrome prepaid processing mailer - Dwayne's still honors them, and I have a baker's dozen left]. These were taken with a Tamron 90mm AF Macro, and scanned at 3200 dpi with a refurb Epson flatbed scanner I just acquired, with no other processing:

Name:	201307a_15.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	404.2 KB 
ID:	71920Click image for larger version. 

Name:	201307a_23.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	494.2 KB 
ID:	71921Click image for larger version. 

Name:	201307a_35.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	532.3 KB 
ID:	71922

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Today I got three classics, a Konica IIIA, a Konica IIIM, and a Minolta Super A. Both Konicas came with the 50mm f/1.8 lens, the Minolta A has the 50mm f/2. A local shop got what looks like a 2005 Nikon SP for a good price, I will have to try to grab it in the morning before someone else does.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    A 251xxxx serial Nikon F4s with SB-23 and remote cable. Pretty clean body. Even comes with the cap for the cable release socket on the back of the camera. Will be dropping my P type focusing screen into it when it arrives, then loading it up with the Velvia roll that was exorcised from the F5 before it got sold.

-J
    APUG: F4, F3P, F2ASx2, F FTn, FM2n, Nikomat FT2, Nikkormat FT3 - all blk bodies
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (for DPUG), 28/3.5 H, 35/2 O, 35-135/3.5-4.5 AF, 50/1.4 S, 50/1.4 SC, 55/2.8 Micro AIS, 85/1.8 K, 180/2.8 ED AIS

My FB - My flickr stream

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Nikon_F View Post
    A 251xxxx serial Nikon F4s with SB-23 and remote cable. Pretty clean body. Even comes with the cap for the cable release socket on the back of the camera. Will be dropping my P type focusing screen into it when it arrives, then loading it up with the Velvia roll that was exorcised from the F5 before it got sold.
    -J
    Nice,
    I have a Nikon F5 and F4s for 10 years now but they both died at me. These are wonderful cameras, so I'm thinking of sending them to a repairman or get me an other one.
    It differs from time to time but I think I like the F4s best for its looks & use, but the F5 for its handling - the way it lays in my hands is nice
    Bert from Holland

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheToadMen View Post
    I like the F4s best for its looks & use
    When I first saw an F4 I was surprised by its size. It's big enough to be a medium format camera!

Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Love my f4.....love the feel of film in general, hope film is around for a long time to come?

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rtcjr View Post
    Love my f4.....love the feel of film in general, hope film is around for a long time to come?
    Yes it is. And if it isn't, a good fridge will be

(I'm stocking Fuji Provia and Kodak Tri-X at least for now, Ilford later also if need be)
    Bert from Holland

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin