Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,280   Posts: 1,534,890   Online: 815

Page 30 of 108 FirstFirst ... 20242526272829303132333435364080 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    And for Christmas he can be in charge of the "Island of Misfit Nikons,". finding forever homes for all the ugly, battered, unappreciated Nikon models suffering out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    :groan:

lol
    APUG: F4, F3P, F2ASx2, F
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 24/2.8 AI, 50/1.4 AI, 50/2 H, 85/1.8 K, 105/4 Micro AIS, 180/2.8 ED AIS, 300/4.5 ED AI

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I hope you're happy. Last night I was weak and gave in to NAS. I bought an F3HP on here. I justified it by telling myself the price was good. So now my F4 won't be lonely. Rest of Nikon collection: FM, EM, N90s, N5005, N2020, N70, D80.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Being as philanthropic as I am, I decided to give a good home to a wayward F2.

Shooter
    35mm
    Well, last week I bought a Canon A1 in very decent condition(except for some spots in the mirror). I got it for $30, oh, and it came with a 55mm F1.2 in excellent condition
    Last edited by Chele; 07-29-2013 at 11:04 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: clarity

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Rollei 35SE which I got from one of the members on this forum. Very fun camera and I already got some photos that I like with it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I found a Topcon UNI at the local Salvation Army. $7.00 so I couldn't pass it up. In store testing of the shutter speeds and other functions looked good, and the glass is nice and clear.

Two knocks though. The meter is not working (Well, on and off it works) and the filter ring has a dent.

I hear they are not a very desirable camera but it is pretty neat. Running a test roll through it now. If it comes back good then I'll spring for a seal kit.

If it does check out good does anyone have any lenses they wish to part with?
    Last edited by donkee; 07-30-2013 at 10:39 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm

My CBS relapse - a Canon EOS A2E

Back on July 19 I told the story of my Nikon FA and N90s acquisitions, but my case of CBS [Camera Buying Syndrome] quickly reasserted itself when I saw an eBay listing for a Canon EOS A2E with Vertical Grip and an add-on cable with 2-conductor phone plug hanging out of it [some sort of jury-rigged 2CR5 battery substitute] sitting at a very low opening bid. I couldn't resist, and put in a bid, but the opening bidder was less serious about taking home this camera than I expected, so I got the A2E.

Upon examination, I found the cable attached to a plastic 2CR5 housing that had been stripped of its cells, with the tip of the phone plug soldered to the positive terminal of the 2CR5 case [just perfect for use with a Quantum or similar battery pack], but this was easily replaced with a standard 2CR5. The only sign of the modification when I put in the 2CR5 and switched it on is a notch cut into the inner edge of the hand grip to clear the cable.

The A2E works nicely; I was able to calibrate and use the Eye Controlled Focus feature as well, and it's uncanny how the camera will focus at the sensor indicator I look at.

Thanks and regards,
    Vince

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Pentax ES II in its original box with an SMC Takumar 55mm f2. I took a chance on this one, the seller saying it has been lately CLA'd, so the meter works properly.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I got a black-paint Pentax MX today with a 50/1.7 lens. The camera was complete in it's case, with an old Pentax Pro strap. Also included with the camera was a prize medallion, it looks like the original owner was an employee of Pentax, and received the camera for some type of achievment.

The viewfinder and lens were full of fungus, and the light seals were quite dry-rotted. I pulled the camera and lens apart, and found that the fungis had not etched into any of the glass. I removed the old rotted foam under the top cover and replaced, as well as the seals and mirror bumper. The camera now looks and works beautifully.

Hopefully I will get a chance to shoot with it this week. I already have too many cameras loaded with film which needs to be used.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin