Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,693   Posts: 1,548,965   Online: 791

Page 31 of 111 FirstFirst ... 21252627282930313233343536374181 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I was given a Canon EOS 1000 F-N today. It has a Canon zoom lens EF 35-80 mm 1:4-5.6.
    I need to get a new battery for it. I never used Canon before (always Nikon) but it will be nice to try.

Is this camera any good?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	canon-eos-1000-f-n.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	48.0 KB 
ID:	72315
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Shooter
    Multi Format
    On Monday I was given a Nikon Coolpix 995. AFAICT it's working just fine.
    Yes I know it's d****** but now I can post pictures of my analog gear. Or myself. Or myself and analog gear. Or I can subscribe and post pics in the for sale section.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    My latest Yashica.

Yashica TL Electro, Yashinon DS 50/1.4 by Greyscale3, on Flickr

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    F5 was partially dead, so no longer with me. My other latest new old camera is headed to Ralph. A Nikkormat FT3. He doesn't have one in his collection, and I need one like a hole in my head.

-J
    APUG: F4, F2AS, F, Nikomat FTn
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 24/2.8 AI, 50/1.4 AI, 85/1.8 K, 180/2.8 ED AIS, 300/4.5 ED AI

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by elcabezagrande View Post
    My latest Yashica.

Yashica TL Electro, Yashinon DS 50/1.4 by Greyscale3, on Flickr
    I have tried (2 times) to get hold of the same camera but, each time, the lightmeter was dead and the general condition was rather sad. I could have them fixed but it was too costly. Having a lens f1,4, it would have been interesting to spend more money on them, though.

Shooter
    35mm
    Picked up an OM2 Spot Program off of ebay with a 35-10mm. I thought of getting one when they came out but decided that a Nikon FA was better for me (The other camera I was thinking of at the time was a Canon T90). 12 Nikon 35mm bodies later my mind still drifts back to the OM2 SP from time to time & I took the plunge after seeing one at a good price on ebay. I am running the first film through it now.

Initial impressions are OK, but I made the right call for me in getting the FA originally. I miss the aperture in the viewfinder, find the 1/1000 top shutter speed a bit limiting & don't like the beeping. Will have to look at the manual on Butkus to see if it can be turned off. Other than that it handles OK.

Have added a 50mm lens for it for under £10 & will look for a few more bits on ebay to make a small outfit around it.
    David.

NAS sufferer with far too much Nikon kit.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Minolta X-570. It was my first SLR and I regretted selling it years ago. I still had a 50mm f/1.4 and a 100mm f/2.5 so it was an easy decision.
    Luke

To create one's own world in any of the arts takes courage.

Georgia O'Keefe

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ap507b View Post
    Picked up an OM2 Spot Program off of ebay with a 35-10mm. I thought of getting one when they came out but decided that a Nikon FA was better for me (The other camera I was thinking of at the time was a Canon T90). 12 Nikon 35mm bodies later my mind still drifts back to the OM2 SP from time to time & I took the plunge after seeing one at a good price on ebay. I am running the first film through it now.

Initial impressions are OK, but I made the right call for me in getting the FA originally. I miss the aperture in the viewfinder, find the 1/1000 top shutter speed a bit limiting & don't like the beeping. Will have to look at the manual on Butkus to see if it can be turned off. Other than that it handles OK.

Have added a 50mm lens for it for under £10 & will look for a few more bits on ebay to make a small outfit around it.
    I used an OM-2S [the USA version] in the late '90s, and IIRC the only time the camera beeped was during battery check - could be the international version had a different feature implementation [???]. I liked the OM-2S for the most part: exposure accuracy of the TTL-OTF system delivered beautifully exposed slides in either AE or the spot metered manual mode [if only it could have overcome my shortcomings in composition], but the dedicated flash system, with its 1/60 X-sync limit [two stops slower than the FA] and related fill flash limitation is ultimately why I stopped shooting OM.

Having just acquired an FA a few weeks ago and shot up a couple of rolls with it, I have to agree with your FA to OM-2S comparison. Nikon scored a major coup when they absorbed Copal.

Thanks and regards,
    Vince

Shooter
    127 Format
    My OM-2S beeps if over exposed. Gives me a signal to close down the aperture.

It's a great feature since I've gone nearly blind and can't see the meter display.

* I can guess at focus fairly well *
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A 1952 (?) Dacora 1 folder (120 format) with a F/3.5 75mm Westar lens. The camera was given to yours truly by a colleague who found said camera while going through her late father's estate. She recalled her father having mentioned purchasing the camera in Korea when serving there during the war. I don't know if the camera is operational - it looks to be complete - but it will make for an interesting knick knack...
    An assortment of F-series Nikons (F to F6, excluding the F4) with quite a few Nikkors, a pair of M6s with some Leitz glass, a pair of 500c/ms with a wide range of Zeiss optics and, just to help keep Duracell solvent, a D800.

Favourite films: (1). KE ("Kodachrome Era"): 35mm: PKM25 and PKR64, HP5/Tri-X; 120: PKR64, PanF, FP4. (2). PKE ("Post-Kodachrome Era"): (a) 35mm: E100G, HP5 Plus/Tri-X and Delta 3200; (b) 120: E100G, PanF Plus, FP4 Plus, TMax 100.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin