Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,620   Posts: 1,622,824   Online: 1085

Page 36 of 125 FirstFirst ... 26303132333435363738394041424686 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A Rolleicord II, it's difficult to tell whether it's a "b" or "c" version, the Triotar lens SN indictaes 1941 but it has a Compur with 1/500th top speed. needs new leather but that's not a big deal. It was cheap at a flea market.

Ian

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    An early 1950's Exakta VX with 50mm f/2 Pancolar lens. Funky post-war elegance. Has that old camera smell!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Trask View Post
    An early 1950's Exakta VX with 50mm f/2 Pancolar lens. Funky post-war elegance. Has that old camera smell!
    I had a VXII-a, and traded it off 20~ years ago. I still regret it. Mine was marked "made in USSR occupied zone".

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    I had a VXII-a, and traded it off 20~ years ago. I still regret it. Mine was marked "made in USSR occupied zone".
    That denotes it's a US export model, the Varex name was already in use in the US so would infringe the other camera company's Trade Mark, the US Government insisted on the MAde in USSR occupoied zone bit.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just bought a Canon F1, original model, causing a moment of nostalgia as it was the first serious camera that I owned 40 years ago.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sorry for off-topic. Just want to share "my story". One of my recent "day maker" purchases was not a camera, but book about cameras. A while ago I was reading something online about Takumar lenses, and that forum thread pointed right to Amazon's page for "The Ultimate Asahi Pentax Screw Mount Guide 1952 - 1977" claiming that it is very rare book impossible to find, or you have to be ready to pay really good price for it. I opened link and was surprised to find out that book is available for sale for $1.30 with $3.99 shipping. I purchased book and got it my mail one week after. So now I'm a happy owner of that great book..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Another F2 body (this makes 10 in total, eight of which are on active duty). This one, a 1979 black body (sans viewfinder), will either become another F2AS or a "plain Jane" F2, depending upon what my hunt turns up (my preference would be to find a black user DE1).
    Some Nikons (F6, F5x2, F3P, F3HP, F2ASx4, F2A, F2 and a D800), with Ai/Ais Nikkors ranging from 15mm to 600mm; Leicas (M6X2), with Leitz glass from 28 to 90mm and a pair of Hasselblads (500c/ms), with Zeiss glass from 50 to 250mm. A bit of stuff for a no-longer practicing professional, but justifiable for a now-converted hobbyist who absolutely loves taking/making pictures.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    My latest is a circa 1958 Fed I camera straight from Moscow. It's a special edition version, bright red leather and unmistakably Soviet. Haven't had an opportunity to figure out how to load and shoot it just yet, but hopefully I will soon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just got a hold of an OM-30 (F)... with the autofocus zoom it was made for, it's an interesting sequence of model. The lens looks well made and it's supposed to work on all the single bodies. And with the M-cord, the winder 2, and a normal non-auto focus lens attached, it's a real trip in the OM size, albeit heavy. But we're talking tech 30 years ago. Neat, though. -Bob G.

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin