Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,940   Posts: 1,557,460   Online: 883

Page 37 of 112 FirstFirst ... 27313233343536373839404142434787 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sorry for off-topic. Just want to share "my story". One of my recent "day maker" purchases was not a camera, but book about cameras. A while ago I was reading something online about Takumar lenses, and that forum thread pointed right to Amazon's page for "The Ultimate Asahi Pentax Screw Mount Guide 1952 - 1977" claiming that it is very rare book impossible to find, or you have to be ready to pay really good price for it. I opened link and was surprised to find out that book is available for sale for $1.30 with $3.99 shipping. I purchased book and got it my mail one week after. So now I'm a happy owner of that great book..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Another F2 body (this makes 10 in total, eight of which are on active duty). This one, a 1979 black body (sans viewfinder), will either become another F2AS or a "plain Jane" F2, depending upon what my hunt turns up (my preference would be to find a black user DE1).
    An assortment of F-series Nikons (F to F6, excluding the F4) with quite a few Nikkors, a pair of M6s with some Leitz glass, a pair of 500c/ms with a wide range of Zeiss optics and, just to help keep Duracell solvent, a D800.

Favourite films: (1). KE ("Kodachrome Era"): 35mm: PKM25 and PKR64, HP5/Tri-X; 120: PKR64, PanF, FP4. (2). PKE ("Post-Kodachrome Era"): (a) 35mm: E100G, HP5 Plus/Tri-X and Delta 3200; (b) 120: E100G, PanF Plus, FP4 Plus, TMax 100.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    My latest is a circa 1958 Fed I camera straight from Moscow. It's a special edition version, bright red leather and unmistakably Soviet. Haven't had an opportunity to figure out how to load and shoot it just yet, but hopefully I will soon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just got a hold of an OM-30 (F)... with the autofocus zoom it was made for, it's an interesting sequence of model. The lens looks well made and it's supposed to work on all the single bodies. And with the M-cord, the winder 2, and a normal non-auto focus lens attached, it's a real trip in the OM size, albeit heavy. But we're talking tech 30 years ago. Neat, though. -Bob G.

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Been a bad week with Ebay. Bought a Zeiss Ikon Contina IIa and an Ihagee West Exakta TL500 and I currently have a winning bid on a Voigtlander Vito BL (wrongly described as a Vito B). There is also a Mess Ikonta being sold as an anonymous camera - no one has bid on that yet, so I might well have to.

Shooter
    35mm
    I am expecting 3 cameras and a light meter in the mail TODAY! Hurry up FedEx! Will post pictures when they arrive.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just got an Olympus OM-2 that was frozen up. I've managed to get it reset but it's very clunky. Ever so often the mirror locks in the up position and the shutter release freezes as do the film advance winder. The reset thing frees everything up but in a few frames it starts all over again. Anyone have any ideas?
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Art

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BradleyK View Post
    Another F2 body (this makes 10 in total, eight of which are on active duty). This one, a 1979 black body (sans viewfinder), will either become another F2AS or a "plain Jane" F2, depending upon what my hunt turns up (my preference would be to find a black user DE1).
    I can't imagine although the Nikon F2 is a very fine SLR camera I can't imagine why anyone, even the most ardent photographer would want or need 10.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtO View Post
    Just got an Olympus OM-2 that was frozen up. I've managed to get it reset but it's very clunky. Ever so often the mirror locks in the up position and the shutter release freezes as do the film advance winder. The reset thing frees everything up but in a few frames it starts all over again. Anyone have any ideas?
    Check the foam!
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Check the foam!
    Not sure what I'll be looking for but I'll give it a go. I don't see any flaking or such when I remove the lens or look through the finder. Nothing seems to hang the mirror up. There's a little lever that I can see when I remove the lens. It's on the right hand side with the lens opening facing me. If I move that lever down the mirror flops down into position.

Thanks for the input Matt. I'll give it a go tonight.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Art

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin