Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,933   Posts: 1,585,549   Online: 841

Page 39 of 118 FirstFirst ... 29333435363738394041424344454989 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nikon FM2N.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Fed 4

Shooter
    35mm
    Contax S2 with 28 and 50 mm lenses. Lovely camera! Keep me on my toes at all times and disconected from the rest of the energy dependent world

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I just got another Olympus Pen, this time a Pen W with the black paint. The price was a little low, and when I recieved the camera I found a couple of problems.

First, the original Olympus filter was stuck on, and wouldn't come off. Turning the filter cause the entire aperture/lens assembly to turn as well, and the entire front lens assembly was loose.

Next, the viewfinder was quite foggy, and hard to see through.

I took off the top cover and remved the dust cover from the viewdinder assembly, removed the screws, and pulled out the assembly in one piece. I then soaked the glass elements (and the glue which holds them in place) with paint thinner. Once the glue was loose, I gently pulled out the elements, cleaned them, and then glued them back into place.

To repair the lens, I removed the three set screws which hold the focusing ring in place, and turned the ring and lens assembly leftwards until it fell out of the camera. I found that the circular nut which holds the lens in the collar had backed out. I tightened the nut, and then using a couple rubber wrenches, I was able to get the filter off. It appears the filter has never been removed, the front glass had no marks at all.

There was some haze on the rear of the front element, I removed the element and got the haze cleaned out. The aperture blades had no oil on them. I pulled out the entire shutter assembly, cleaned it out, dried it, and lubricated the mechanism with fine watch oil.

Putting the camera back together wasn't so difficult, but I had to set the lens to infinity using a ground glass and loupe, then set the focus ring to the infinity mark, and tighten the set screws. I also put in some new seals while the top cover was off.

The camera is now back together, and works beautifully, the shutter tested within 1/3 of a stop, which is close enough. I am shooting some film with it now, along with an Olympus 35 Wide S which I also recently bought.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Pentax MX. Had one many years ago, have one again. Love that camera!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I just got another Contax T3, my third T3. I got the first one when it was released, but sold it later because I was only shooting digital. I bought the second one, used, a few years ago when I started miss the film, then I got another one as a back up. I have a few complains about this camera, but I really like it. I also have T2 and T4.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Lumiere circa 1937

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P9200182.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	522.7 KB 
ID:	74587

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Canon FTbQL with FD50mm F/1.8SC arrived from France today.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nikon N2000, an extra body for all my Nikkor lenses.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

new to me

Black Nikon FA working but UG $10.

This is the first time I have had an FA and it doesnt have the quality feel of the FE2/FM2 and older siblings... I suppose it is the plastic pentaprism cover, mini L.C.D read out and cheap ISO setting dial.... But it works and it was only $10 so it will get used more than my pristine F....

David

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin