Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,074   Online: 727

Page 44 of 87 FirstFirst ... 343839404142434445464748495054 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GRHazelton View Post
    Oops! I posted my YashicaMat acquisition in the 35mm section. Sorry!
    No problem: just get an adapter set, load some 35 mm film and you're covered
    (Nice panorama format too)
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* "So much time and so little to do. Wait a minute. Strike that. Reverse it. Thank you." (the original Willy Wonka: Gene Wilder, 1971)
    * My favorite cameras: Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My latest is this COSINA CT-1 with 50mm f2 Cosinon lens and the bloke also gave me a 135mm f2.8 Vivitar lens -- I have tested both and they both useable at full aperture

Cosina-CT-1 by pentaxpete, on Flickr
    An 'Old Dog still learning New Tricks !

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I already had enough 35mm cameras.

But a trip to our local thrift store nets me a Ricoh GR1 and a GR1v. ( odd little cameras )

Then a friend comes by last night and gives me an immaculate Pentax Spotmatic
    and near perfect Nikon FM2n.

Shooter
    35mm
    Black F2 with DP1. My chrome / DP1 was my first proud camera when I was about 15 in 1975, accompanied me as a sailor and sat characteristically unused with the advent of a new family, my P&S era and the digital era. Our 15-year-old daughter's request that I teach her film was the catalyst for my recent gear acquisition syndrome, including a brand new (to me) bathroom darkroom that I hadn't had since my parents volunteered their second bathroom for darkroom service through most of high school.

Bought her a Nikkormat FT2 as her student camera but noticed how dim the finder is compared with an F2 's while testing some polypan. The black F2, her new student camera, had just been CLA'd and I picked it up on the bay for 105. A work of art the F2 is.

My GAS included everything from Argus AF and C4 to Instamatics and a PermaCube electronic flash I soldered net NiCads into. I shot a roll of old Tri-X the other day in the Yashica MAT-124 my granddad gave me when I was a kid. I even have a SpeedGraphic with a bad shutter that I bought for a photo prop that is destined to be repaired and put into service using xray film. I understand that a Minox C might even appear under the tree. So much to play with and so little free time.

Slowly chronicling our journey into - and back into - film at BathroomDarkroom.com.

Alan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Konica C35 AF.

My mother is a bit of an hoarder, though not good enough to get on TV. I'd left specific instructions with her and my Aunt (who is enough of an hoarder for TV) to stop bringing me camera equipment unless it was owned by a family member.

Well, today my mom went to a rummage sale and brought me some stuff for $300. An still shrink-wrapped Montgomery Ward slide tray, a tiny metal Kodak canister with empty reel, probably 16mm, a Kodak Instamatic 134 with a bad shutter, an Ansco Ready Flash (620 film), and the Konica C35 AF rangefinder.

The Konica seems to work, so I might as well take it for a spin. It's not much smaller than my SLR, but might be fun.
    Truzi

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I bought a box of "コンパクトカメラ" (compact cameras), and the box arroved in the mail today. Inside were a Canon 7Sz, three Olympus Pen S cameras, and a Pen W. A lucky day...

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I bought a couple of black Canons at an estate sale for $80.

Canon F-1 with Canon FD 28/2.8 lens by Greyscale3, on Flickr

Canon A-1 with Canon FD 50/3.5 Macro lens by Greyscale3, on Flickr

Beside the two cameras and lenses in the pictures above, I also got 67mm Vivitar orange and red filters, Hoya +1, +2, and +3 closeup filters, also in 67mm (new), a Tamron aspherical 28~200mm 1:3.8-5.6 zoom (with a 72mm close-up filter), a Vivitar 500mm f8 mirror lens, 2 rolls of FujicolorSuper HGII 20 (36 exp), 1 roll of Ilford HP5 Plus 400, and one roll of Plus X in a re-loadable cassette, various end caps and body cap, spare batteries for both cameras, and the tan canvas bag itself is quite nice.

Both cameras are in excellent mechanical condition, and cosmetically, the F-1 is perfect, while the A-1 only shows tiny specks of brassing from the strap lugs. I think that I done good on this purchase.
    Last edited by elcabezagrande; 10-06-2013 at 04:57 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Truzi View Post
    Konica C35 AF.

My mother is a bit of an hoarder, though not good enough to get on TV. I'd left specific instructions with her and my Aunt (who is enough of an hoarder for TV) to stop bringing me camera equipment unless it was owned by a family member.

Well, today my mom went to a rummage sale and brought me some stuff for $300. An still shrink-wrapped Montgomery Ward slide tray, a tiny metal Kodak canister with empty reel, probably 16mm, a Kodak Instamatic 134 with a bad shutter, an Ansco Ready Flash (620 film), and the Konica C35 AF rangefinder.

The Konica seems to work, so I might as well take it for a spin. It's not much smaller than my SLR, but might be fun.
    send mum on photog workshop

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Truzi View Post
    Konica C35 AF.

... and the Konica C35 AF rangefinder.

The C35 AF is not a rangefinder, but, as the first commercially-marketed auto-focus camera, it is not without historical significance. Have fun with it, and feel like Andy Warhol (an early-adopter of plastic fantastic AF technology) when you do. Like all Konicas of the time, it has a superb Hexanon lens, and will surprise you with the quality of images that it can produce.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by elcabezagrande View Post
    The C35 AF is not a rangefinder
    Oops, that was silly of me, lol. I've loaded some Delta 400 to experiment with, and will probably finish it and develop in a week or two (I've been very busy).
    Truzi

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin