Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,709   Posts: 1,548,614   Online: 1100

Page 50 of 111 FirstFirst ... 404445464748495051525354555660100 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by elekm View Post
    You know, the meters on the Contessa can often be brought back to life. Great cameras - both of them.

If you're handy with tools, here's how to try a home repair on the meter.
    Quite a lot of selenium meters can be made useful again simply by removing the cell and cleaning the spring contacts, then going over the contact points on the cell with a bit of rough cloth. The link mentioned steelwool, use this only if you want it to end up on the magnets within the meter movement - surprising how that stuff gets around. Be very careful not to remove any of the lacquer (? something clear) coating which protects most of the cell from the atmosphere, do this and it will die.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mine is a retired Hassya pro wanted a new home for. It's a contributing part of the famiily now.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Mine is a Rollei 35. Really loving this little camera! Build quality is great and so is the lens.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Not sure if this one qualifies as my "latest new old camera"...but the F4s that I first gave away to my sister, and then to my nephew, is now back in my hands. Dear nephew had the camera for over a year - and never shot a single frame. His explanation for returning what he referred to as "the beast": "It just doesn't feel right. But thanks anyway...." I am not certain what to do with the thing now; I may look for an MB23 pack and see if it changes the feel of the camera. My issue has been with the ergonomics of the camera; perhaps, though, its odd appearance (the shape of the MB21 pack) put me off?
    An assortment of F-series Nikons (F to F6, excluding the F4) with quite a few Nikkors, a pair of M6s with some Leitz glass, a pair of 500c/ms with a wide range of Zeiss optics and, just to help keep Duracell solvent, a D800.

Favourite films: (1). KE ("Kodachrome Era"): 35mm: PKM25 and PKR64, HP5/Tri-X; 120: PKR64, PanF, FP4. (2). PKE ("Post-Kodachrome Era"): (a) 35mm: E100G, HP5 Plus/Tri-X and Delta 3200; (b) 120: E100G, PanF Plus, FP4 Plus, TMax 100.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BradleyK View Post
    Not sure if this one qualifies as my "latest new old camera"...but the F4s that I first gave away to my sister, and then to my nephew, is now back in my hands. Dear nephew had the camera for over a year - and never shot a single frame. His explanation for returning what he referred to as "the beast": "It just doesn't feel right. But thanks anyway...." I am not certain what to do with the thing now; I may look for an MB23 pack and see if it changes the feel of the camera. My issue has been with the ergonomics of the camera; perhaps, though, its odd appearance (the shape of the MB21 pack) put me off?
    Hi Bradley,
    It was the "odd appearance" and the handling of this camera that appealed to me in the first place. So I bought a used F4s in 2003 and I loved it ever since. I used it a lot at the Photo Academy for assignments. But when I took it out this summer again I found it had died on me, sadly enough.
    So if you need a good home for this camera .... it's welcome in my ACO (analogue camera orphanage) It will be put to good use !!
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Several recently. Agfa folder PB20, Balda Baldini, Voigtlander Vito II, Kodak Retina Reflex II with eye level finder. Several lenses.

Shooter
    35mm
    luftwaffe robot camera.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BradleyK View Post
    Bradley, that's one reason why I switched to a MB-20. It actually fit my hand properly. When you're down here in April, if you don't have one by then, you're welcome to see if my F4 fits your hand better. The MB-23 is nicer than the 21, in that all the batteries are at the bottom, so the camera is less likely to tilt forward with a lens on it.

-J
    APUG: F4, F2AS, F, Nikomat FTn
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 24/2.8 AI, 50/1.4 AI, 85/1.8 K, 180/2.8 ED AIS, 300/4.5 ED AI

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Nikon_F View Post
    Bradley, that's one reason why I switched to a MB-20. It actually fit my hand properly. When you're down here in April, if you don't have one by then, you're welcome to see if my F4 fits your hand better. The MB-23 is nicer than the 21, in that all the batteries are at the bottom, so the camera is less likely to tilt forward with a lens on it.

-J
    John,

Thanks for the offer. While the MB20 looks nice and compact - judging from the pictures I have seen - I am curious as to how the camera would handle with longer lenses (I do a lot of shooting with my 80-200mm AFS-D ED, 80-200mm 4.5 Ai, 135 F2 Ai and 180 F2.8 ED Ais). With longer glass - the 300 F2.8, 400 F3.5 and the 600 F4, I find necessary to mount on a heavier, motor-driven body - hence the idea of replacing the MB21 with the MB23.

BLK
    An assortment of F-series Nikons (F to F6, excluding the F4) with quite a few Nikkors, a pair of M6s with some Leitz glass, a pair of 500c/ms with a wide range of Zeiss optics and, just to help keep Duracell solvent, a D800.

Favourite films: (1). KE ("Kodachrome Era"): 35mm: PKM25 and PKR64, HP5/Tri-X; 120: PKR64, PanF, FP4. (2). PKE ("Post-Kodachrome Era"): (a) 35mm: E100G, HP5 Plus/Tri-X and Delta 3200; (b) 120: E100G, PanF Plus, FP4 Plus, TMax 100.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This is probably premature, but I am waiting on two cameras that will hopefully end all camera purchases for the near future. When the pony express shows up, I should know exactly how well I did in choosing the right ones.

The first is a Zorki 4 in near new condition coming from the Ukraine. It has the Industar 61L/D. I had this same combination years ago and it left a lasting impression upon me. So, I'm gonna give it another go.

And second, a Canon IVSB with the Canon 50mm 1.8 coming in from Albuquerque. Not too long ago I parted with the IIIa version, and now I really miss it. Unlike the IIIa where only 9000 or so were made, there are plenty of IVSB's around in excellent condition to choose from. My intentions are that this will be my main 35mm camera . . . hopefully, and if all functions well. As I don't currently have a 35mm camera, having recently parted with all that gear, I thought that I could give up the format and that would be that. Ha! Not possible.
    Last edited by DannL.; 10-31-2013 at 07:12 PM. Click to view previous post history.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin