Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,957   Posts: 1,586,088   Online: 1012

Page 51 of 118 FirstFirst ... 414546474849505152535455565761101 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    Quite a lot of selenium meters can be made useful again simply by removing the cell and cleaning the spring contacts, then going over the contact points on the cell with a bit of rough cloth. The link mentioned steelwool, use this only if you want it to end up on the magnets within the meter movement - surprising how that stuff gets around. Be very careful not to remove any of the lacquer (? something clear) coating which protects most of the cell from the atmosphere, do this and it will die.
    That's actually NOT true. I've worked on more than a dozen of these. Only one had a meter that couldn't be repaired. In all other cases, the meters were brought back to life.

As always, use care when working with your cameras. And compressed air should always be part of your arsenal to blow out any debris - including that created by you and what might already be in your camera.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

The H2

My H2 is as smooth as my M3...

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Someonenameddavid View Post
    My H2 is as smooth as my M3...
    Mine isn't, but hopefully, mine will be as smooth as your M3 after a CLA. The shutter fired out of the box on the higher speeds, but jammed up when I tried a slow speed. But, as the camera is way too pretty to be a shelf queen, off for some professional care. Who is the best US Pentax guy?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, the Canon rangefinder I purchased arrived shortly after making my initial post to this very thread. Instead of being a IVSB, it turns out that it's actually a IIS2. Serial 192291 <E-P>. Somewhat rarer than the IVSB I would say. No complaints. :-)
    Last edited by DannL.; 10-31-2013 at 11:14 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by elcabezagrande View Post
    Who is the best US Pentax guy?
    Eric is the The Pentax Man -> http://pentaxs.com/index.html

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thank you, Les. I have bookmarked his website.

Shooter
    35mm
    Send your Pentax to Eric to fix or refresh it is a great experience because there is nothing like a renewed original Asahi Pentax working as if factory fresh . . .

Shooter
    35mm
    Speaking of renewed, I picked up a non-working Olympus Pen FT and sent it to the Olympus guy - John at Camtech and now it's as if factory fresh too . . .

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I was running a bit low on film cameras last week, but luckily, a friend gave me this rather nice Kodak Brownie Flash IV.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10597127316_2513d8b539_c.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	219.0 KB 
ID:	76258

This is the deluxe model with a yellow filter and a close up lens. Each selected by pulling out one of the metal tabs on the side.
    Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Sarile View Post
    Speaking of renewed, I picked up a non-working Olympus Pen FT and sent it to the Olympus guy - John at Camtech and now it's as if factory fresh too . . .

It must be the UK version because it has a right left reversal.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin