Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,531   Posts: 1,543,980   Online: 1066

Page 53 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3434748495051525354555657585963103 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was sent a very clean Fm2n in black with an almost as clean 50mm f/1.4 just recently. I've not had one this clean before so it's kind of neat to think that I'm going to be the one to brass it up
    - Abram

35mm / 120

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by agphotography View Post
    I was sent a very clean Fm2n in black with an almost as clean 50mm f/1.4 just recently. I've not had one this clean before so it's kind of neat to think that I'm going to be the one to brass it up
    Now you just need an equally nice F3... ;-)

-J
    APUG: F4, F2AS, F, Nikomat FTn
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 24/2.8 AI, 50/1.4 AI, 85/1.8 K, 180/2.8 ED AIS, 300/4.5 ED AI

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by agphotography View Post
    I've not had one this clean before so it's kind of neat to think that I'm going to be the one to brass it up
    Good for you as that is much better then keeping it on the shelf!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just got a brand new Fuji Klasse W from japan exposures. Beautiful little thing, already tested and working great.
    One problem though, never got the lens shade or battery. They say the shade doesn't come with the camera and costs about $50 extra. Sounds like BS, there's even room for it in the box.
    May have to start a new thread to vent my disappointment.
    Great camera though.
    Cheers, Wojtek.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just got a brand new Fuji Klasse W from japan exposures. Beautiful little thing, already tested and working great.
    One problem though, never got the lens shade or battery. They say the shade doesn't come with the camera and costs about $50 extra. Sounds like BS, there's even room for it in the box.
    May have to start a new thread to vent my disappointment.
    Great camera though.

Cheers, Wojtek.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Henry.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just picked up a pair of OM-10s with manaul adapters. Both came with the usual 50mm F1.8, but the seller also included a 135mm F3.5, a 28mm F2.8, teleconverter, and the Oly 65-200mm F4. My main film camera is an OM40 and I've been wanting a second OM body; so I've been looking for a good OM-2SP or OM-4. Now I think that can wait, there's really nothing wrong with the OM-10 and a manual adapter.

I have a Vivatar Series 1 70-210mm F3.5, and I expected the Oly zoom to be similar in size. Nope, it is (comparatively) tiny. The built in hood on the zoom and the 135 are nice touches.

I'm very happy with my $40 spent

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    You should be-sounds like a real bargain!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm building up a very small Nikon camera collection right now (my philosophy is to have one camera of each brand along with a decent 50mm lens) and have recently acquired an FA and an old FM. The latter being in good condition - considering the age - only the viewfinder is quite dirty, but what the heck!
    The FA is working fine so far, after I had lots of trouble with its two predecessors which both failed me.
    Canon FD &EF, Mamiya AF, Nikon, Pentax, Praktica, Minolta

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No no. Not going down that path again John haha! I'm not looking to rebuild my Nikon kit as my 1V gets the most use. But since This was more or less given to me I'm going to use it. I have no intention to add more lenses or anything, just a 50mm and lots of black and white film will be suitable enough for me.
    - Abram

35mm / 120

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Since I last posted in this thread, I expanded my Beseler Topcon family to include the three levels of product which they sold during the mid-60's.

As a young teen, the Beseler Auto 100 was what I had available to shoot with, at $159. Desire was strong for the almost affordable Beseler Topcon D-1 (just out of reach for our middle class family at $269), but it was outright lust for the unattainable Beseler Topcon Super D ($420 with f/1.4), the world's first SLR with TTL metering on the mass market (as the Topcon RE Super). In today's dollars, the Super D was $5300 (using the price of gas as the comparative number). It took me 47 years to finally own all three!

And my son-in-law provided me with this Fotron for my recent birthday

Last edited by wiltw; 11-04-2013 at 03:52 PM. Click to view previous post history.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin