Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,660   Online: 872

Page 55 of 107 FirstFirst ... 5454950515253545556575859606165105 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    My college just received a large donation of old camera equipment, including quite a few 35mm SLRs. I was asked to look through it all and come up with a value for the donor's tax records. Going through the cameras, I found mostly Nikkormats, one thoroughly trashed Nikon F, a couple FMs, and basically the lenses you would expect to see (nothing exotic, mostly 50mm).

And in the bottom of the last box: a 64xxxxx Nikon F with the original (square eyepiece) eye-level prism and a 5cm f/2 Nikkor-S (!) lens, possibly the original lens that came with the camera. It's a little brassy, and in need of a good cleaning, but it seems fully functional. Pretty much made my day.

Shooter
    35mm
    My latest purchase was a Nikon FE with and a Nikkor Ai 50/1.4 lens. Needs a clean but for 2000 yen (about 20 USD) I'm not complaining!
    If you have time, please check out my photoblog monkeybrainsushi.wordpress.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Retina IIIs

I've been looking for one of these at a reasonable price ever since I started shooting with a Retina S, about 15 years ago. I bought one at a show but the shutter died very soon afterwards–it had been slow and erratic when I picked it up and finally stopped working and I put it away. Its f1.9 Xenon kept pushing me to find another body, though, and today, in my local consignment shop, I found one sitting in a plastic bag among various late 70's slr's and bits of junk more for decoration than picture taking. It is in very nice condition, has the 2.8 Xenar, a working meter and just the bottom of the leather case. The shutter snaps clean and, to my ear, pretty close to accurate all the way to 1 sec. Inside was a half-finished roll of Kodachrome 64 and I paid the princely sum of $32.94 for the whole shebang.

Now out to try it, original lens and the 1.9.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I hjave bought two cameras from Ebay this week.

1) Taron Eyemax rangefinder(No, I never heard of them either).
    2)_ Voigtlander Perkeo medium format folder.

The Perkeo is sold as defective but I have a good record of cleaning and lubricating old cameras and having them work fine so I am optimistic.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I bought another classic screwmount SLR, the Yashica Penta J, with the extraordinarily well built Auto Yashinon 50/2 lens.

Yashica Penta J with Auto Yashinon 50/2 by Greyscale3, on Flickr

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by elcabezagrande View Post
    I bought another classic screwmount SLR, the Yashica Penta J, with the extraordinarily well built Auto Yashinon 50/2 lens.

Yashica Penta J with Auto Yashinon 50/2 by Greyscale3, on Flickr
    Yet an other one on my wish list
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Shooter
    35mm
    Olympus XA. Just ran a test role and will develop it soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    The XA is one of the great pocket cameras!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I know it is not "old" but I got a good deal on a Canon EOS 1N. Seems to focus faster than my EOS 3 but it could be just me not noticing before. For me it is great as the battery pack works on both which works well for my large hands. Also the speed doesn't matter much as I use manual (M-42) lenses to a large extent.
    Last edited by dances_w_clouds; 11-21-2013 at 07:09 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: add stuff

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Today brought me a Rolliecord IId, an Agfa Jsorette (early black Isolette), a Konica Autoreflex TC, and an Olympus Infinity Superzoom 300.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin