Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,550   Posts: 1,573,066   Online: 843

Page 59 of 116 FirstFirst ... 9495354555657585960616263646569109 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Here comes my little Minox 35EL! I have always wanted one of these, and now I have bought one off ebay. I hope it works as described!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wanting a pocket size camera to carry with me anywhere and everywhere, I bought a Minox 35EL around 1977 and used it regularly until 2003. I probably shot more images with it than any other camera during that time. It was a delight to use.

Some who have owned various Minox 35 models found them to be unreliable, but mine never failed me.

Shooter
    35mm
    I like the 35EL. I don't own one but maybe someday. Congrats.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Half plate Houghton Triple Victo. In need of some TLC, but complete with tripod, and plate holders!
    Steve

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision" - Maxi Jazz

Website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was in a charity shot on Saturday. There was an old basket filled with dusty compact cameras. I had a look at all of them, mostly Vivitars, Keystone, no-name brands etc. At the bottom was a very old beaten-up fabric case with a stuck zip. I wasn't going to bother opening it up, but I though "I'll just take a look in case it's an Olympus Trip or something like that". I managed to free the zip, and it was.... an Olympus trip! Near-mint, and from the serial number from 1981, for £10. With the original lens cap (and original case, in a bad way). I replaced the foam on the door hinge and checked it out, fully functioning. What a fabulously designed little camera it is.

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nice bargain there Xtolsniffer!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    35mm
    I've been going crazy lately buying cameras.

Yesterday I bought a Pentax SuperProgram with a Cosmicar 35-70 lens / Pentax AF280T flash / filters / bag / etc for $25. I still have my original SuperProgram which I bought new in 85, however, years of heavy use have taken their toll. The one I bought yesterday looks like it was hardly used.

2 days ago I picked up a Canon Sure Shot Z135 for $4. This P&S looks to be a nice little camera.

Saturday I bought a Minolta Freedom Tele for $2. This is the P&S that's identical to the Leica AF-C1.

Then last Wednesday, I bought a near mint Minolta Electro Shot for $25 (with case.) It's quite similar to the HiMatic 7, but uses a Seiko electronic shutter. I'm waiting for a battery to arrive in the mail.

Yea, I need therapy.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AstroZon View Post
    I've been going crazy lately buying cameras.
    Enjoy the GAS! [Gadget Aquistion Syndrome]
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I recently bought a Kodak Bantam. It really is a little jewel of craftsmanship. Shutter will fire at 1/200 (likely 1/100), but gets stuck at other speeds. I may try to take apart the shutter myself. This thing is really so small and pleasant in the hands.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Received a Ciro-Flex (model B) TLR the other day, that I had found on eBay. I couldn't believe how many month's it took to locate one of these that was in excellent condition and reasonably priced. This one was in such fine condition . . . the shutter only worked on 100 & 200, the focus assembly was frozen nearly solid, and something inside the viewer was intermittently obstructing the view. But, I love these Ciro-flex cameras. They're so easy to repair. After about an hour of labor (simple stupid stuff) we now have a almost new TLR that cost only 15 buckaroos. Can't beat that with a stick.
    Last edited by DannL.; 12-18-2013 at 02:35 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Removed a word. Just one. Really.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin