Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,579   Posts: 1,545,750   Online: 1005

Page 6 of 110 FirstFirst 1234567891011121656106 ... LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I picked up a beaten-to-hell Rolleiflex F which supposedly came from a lot of old cameras which belonged to 森山先生 (Moriyama sensei, known outside Japan as Daido Moriyama). It is the ugliest Rolleiflex which I have ever seen; dented, brassed, and scratched up. Surprisingly, the lens was in beautiful condition, but the shutter did not fire, and the mirror was broken. I replaced the mirror, and a broken lever inside the shutter, and now the camera is up-and-running again. I plan to do some shooting with it when I go to America on vacation next month.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Mint condition Mju ii.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8665815264_3766968787_c.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	188.5 KB 
ID:	67510

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just got a Pentax MZ-S about a month ago, and a Pentax IQZoom compact, zooms from 28-160mm I believe. Very good little point-and-shoot camera. Loving the MZ-S as well!
    Pentax MZ-S, Calumet 4x5 Monorail

Favorite Films: Foma 100, Acros 100, Delta 400, Portra 400.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just ran some film through a very nice Nikon N80 that I purchased from another APUGer here. It's a wonderful camera. Easy to handle and controls are simple to operate.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Art

Shooter
    35mm
    Nikon N65 and N75, one of each. Too cheap to pass up on the Goodwill auction site, and both arrived looking untouched by human hands. The N65 is a QD and included the manual and warranty registration card. I just spent more on a pair of batteries for them (CR2) than I paid for both cameras, just to find out that both work perfectly.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ulysses View Post
    Nikon N65 and N75, one of each. Too cheap to pass up on the Goodwill auction site, and both arrived looking untouched by human hands. The N65 is a QD and included the manual and warranty registration card. I just spent more on a pair of batteries for them (CR2) than I paid for both cameras, just to find out that both work perfectly.
    Yea those CR2's are a pita and get pricey running the N65.
    Back when I was green (i still am really ) I had mine in the bag and it held the shutter button down just enough to spend the battery

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by brucemuir View Post
    Yea those CR2's are a pita and get pricey running the N65.
    Back when I was green (i still am really ) I had mine in the bag and it held the shutter button down just enough to spend the battery
    Bummer. The cheapest CR2s I've found were $10.26 for 4 on Amazon, about what I paid for both cameras. I couldn't wait for them to come from Amazon and paid more than that for 2 at Walgreens, the only place I could find any at all. I keep looking at the battery compartment thinking there must be a way to fit some cheaper batteries into it. All it would take is fitting 6V in about the space of a AA with enough mAH to last more than a couple rolls. I'm open to suggestions.

I mostly got them to round out my collection of later Nikon film cameras (and because they were so cheap) but I'd like to run a roll of film through each on occasion. Both of them seem like pretty neat little cameras.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ulysses View Post
    Bummer. The cheapest CR2s I've found were $10.26 for 4 on Amazon, about what I paid for both cameras. I couldn't wait for them to come from Amazon and paid more than that for 2 at Walgreens, the only place I could find any at all. I keep looking at the battery compartment thinking there must be a way to fit some cheaper batteries into it. All it would take is fitting 6V in about the space of a AA with enough mAH to last more than a couple rolls. I'm open to suggestions.

I mostly got them to round out my collection of later Nikon film cameras (and because they were so cheap) but I'd like to run a roll of film through each on occasion. Both of them seem like pretty neat little cameras.
    eBay has been good to me when it comes to the relatively wide variety of camera batteries I've purchased.

Here is a quickly located example - $8.99 for 6 batteries - I haven't purchased from this vendor, but the listing looks typical of the listings I have used in the past: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/6-CR2-CR-2-DL...item3f226a8529
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Canon AE-1 and an AE-1 Program, picked up at Trade Days at a nearby state park, with two 1.8/50 lenses, and a couple longer ones. Also included were a stack of paper, a handful of expired film (she said she'd kept it cool... we'll see), some flash brackets and flashes, a Sekonic meter (doesn't seem to work), and a bunch of other stuff. I posted a picture of the lot on a new thread. Paid $47 for it all, talked down from 70.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A Compact Reflex Graflex needs some serious attention though

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	compact-reflex.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	29.3 KB 
ID:	67585

Ian

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin