Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,338   Posts: 1,537,687   Online: 933

Page 60 of 108 FirstFirst ... 10505455565758596061626364656670 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by DannL. View Post
    Received a Ciro-Flex (model B) TLR the other day, that I had found found on eBay. I couldn't believe how many month's it took to locate one of these that was in excellent condition and reasonably priced. This one was in such fine condition . . . the shutter only worked on 100 & 200, the focus assembly was frozen nearly solid, and something inside the viewer was intermittently obstructing the view. But, I love these Ciro-flex cameras. They're so easy to repair. After about an hour of labor (simple stupid stuff) we now have a almost new TLR that cost only 15 buckaroos. Can't beat that with a stick.
    $15 for a Ciro? Nice! One of America's better cameras. But poor Ciro got lost in the mergers and acquisitions of Graflex, Crown, Kodak, etc.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatchetman View Post
    I recently bought a Kodak Bantam. It really is a little jewel of craftsmanship. Shutter will fire at 1/200 (likely 1/100), but gets stuck at other speeds. I may try to take apart the shutter myself. This thing is really so small and pleasant in the hands.
    Cool. Which model Bantam did you get?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I guess I should have specified. Bantam 4.5 - not the Flash Bantam.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AstroZon View Post
    $15 for a Ciro? Nice! One of America's better cameras. But poor Ciro got lost in the mergers and acquisitions of Graflex, Crown, Kodak, etc.
    I had the Model D some years ago, which had a shutter issue that couldn't be resolved. But still, I was amazed at how sharp the negatives were. I must admit that I preferred that Ciro-flex over the Yashica TLRs that I had owned previously. This version has a different lens from the previous Ciro-flex, which I expect will perform quite differently. The lens has plenty of bubbles which has been a good sign in the past. ;-) I hope to run a test roll once a certain package from Freestyle (notice the subliminal plug) arrives in the post.

I've been tempted to try the Graflex 22. Are they not basically the same?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by DannL. View Post
    I had the Model D some years ago, which had a shutter issue that couldn't be resolved. But still, I was amazed at how sharp the negatives were. I must admit that I preferred that Ciro-flex over the Yashica TLRs that I had owned previously. This version has a different lens from the previous Ciro-flex, which I expect will perform quite differently. The lens has plenty of bubbles which has been a good sign in the past. ;-) I hope to run a test roll once a certain package from Freestyle (notice the subliminal plug) arrives in the post.

I've been tempted to try the Graflex 22. Are they not basically the same?
    The Graflex 22 is the Ciro-Flex Model E - probably the most common of all Ciros. It had flash sync and a few other refinements. I've actually been considering getting one.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just got 2 Agfe Jsolettes. The first one seems to be in good shape no light leaks in the bellows, the shutter speeds seem to be about right, just the stuck lens syndrome. It is soaking now.

The 2nd one has not arrived yet so hopefully it is workable too.

I like the two that I got due to the 4.5.x6 and 6x6 formats you can do with them and the bakelite tops.

Either way they will both probably be going to certo6 for a good once over in the future.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    SRT-102 | XD-5 | XD-11 | XE-7 | Hi-Matic 9 | Hi-Matic 11 | Sears 35RF | Minolta 5D | Sony A300 | Mamiya C220 | Bronica SQ-a | Yashica YK | Minolta Maxxum 7000 | Pentax K1000 | Speed Graphic 23

http://blisslars.tumblr.com/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Minolta X-700 w/ 35-70mm 3.5 MD & 50mm 1.7 MD. Woot.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mweintraub View Post
    Minolta X-700 w/ 35-70mm 3.5 MD & 50mm 1.7 MD. Woot.
    Those 35-70 f/3.5 lenses are very nice.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    SRT-102 | XD-5 | XD-11 | XE-7 | Hi-Matic 9 | Hi-Matic 11 | Sears 35RF | Minolta 5D | Sony A300 | Mamiya C220 | Bronica SQ-a | Yashica YK | Minolta Maxxum 7000 | Pentax K1000 | Speed Graphic 23

http://blisslars.tumblr.com/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by donkee View Post
    Those 35-70 f/3.5 lenses are very nice.
    So it seems. I have a roll in it now.

I actually bought this kit because of that lens. I already had a X-700 and 50mm 1.7 MD, so I now have duplicate gear.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A pair of Olympus LT Zoom 105. Don't ask why I got two, I really don't know.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OLY_LT_Zoom_105sm.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	172.7 KB 
ID:	78705
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin