Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,921   Posts: 1,584,958   Online: 1094

Page 64 of 118 FirstFirst ... 14545859606162636465666768697074114 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by andreios View Post
    Awaiting the arrival of a Pentax 67. I already have the 90mm 2.8 lens and I found a non metering prism in a local store for nice price.. can't wait to try it.

Sent from my i9300 using Tapatalk
    It's a camera that grows on you! Excellent optics, little quirky, but those 6x7 negatives are to die for. I like my Hasselblad's and Rollei's, but if I were to keep one or the other it would be the Pentax. I would miss the interchangeable backs of the Hasselblad, but I have an extra Pentax 67 body for different film. Bodies are dirt cheap and not much more than a 'Blad A12 back anyway. The only reason I'd choose the Hasselblad over the Pentax would be if I were still shooting weddings and thank God I'm done with that. JohnW

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks John, but you are not helping to make the waiting more bearable...

Anyway, I Always wanted to try one, I have a small Bronica SQ system which I like (and a Rolleicord as well) but I wanted something non-rectangular and something that could be used eye-level. We'll see how it meets the expectations.
    | website | ipernity thing |

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by andreios View Post
    Thanks John, but you are not helping to make the waiting more bearable...

Anyway, I Always wanted to try one, I have a small Bronica SQ system which I like (and a Rolleicord as well) but I wanted something non-rectangular and something that could be used eye-level. We'll see how it meets the expectations.
    The only difference between men and boys is the price of their toys! The waiting is just as painful for men as it is for boys. If your body is working the way it should I think you'll like it. I have used the 2 1/4 sq. format for a long time and it works very well for such things as weddings as long as you mark your screen or remember your crop factors, but I always thought a bit of a waste to shoot 645 with a 2 1/4 sq. camera. Well, at least with 2 1/4 sq. you didn't need to rotate a back or the camera. Have fun! JohnW

Shooter
    35mm
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11657190134_f0351d9929_c.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	223.1 KB 
ID:	79230

Mamiya EF2. Plastic body, thumb wheel winder, crank rewind, guesstimate focus, and 3 element lens. It is built rather well, has an under-exposure LED, and a flash. It can operate without batteries although without the flash and meter. It's almost Lomo.

Once I picked this up at a local thrift store, I had to have it. I blew $4 on it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Leica IIIf black dial (1951/52) w/ a Leitz Elmar 5cm f3.5 coated lens and a 135mm f4.5 Steinheil Culminar lens. Everything works fine!

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    So I was out thrift shopping with my family and I found a gem today that really excited me. I spotted a very very clean Nikon F (late serial, 1971 I think) with an equally clean 50mm f/2 Non-AI. They were asking $49 for the kit so I grabbed it. I was pretty excited to find such a beast at a thrift store and not have it be $200+ like so many California thrift stores like to charge these days.
    - Abram

Mamiya 7II / Hasselblad 500CM

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by agphotography View Post
    So I was out thrift shopping with my family and I found a gem today that really excited me. I spotted a very very clean Nikon F (late serial, 1971 I think) with an equally clean 50mm f/2 Non-AI. They were asking $49 for the kit so I grabbed it. I was pretty excited to find such a beast at a thrift store and not have it be $200+ like so many California thrift stores like to charge these days.
    Amazingly good score! I'm sure I would have bought it too.

Shooter
    35mm
    I should be getting a Nikon FG the beginning of next week. A very nice gentleman from Texas had bought a lot of various items, it was in it and he didn't want it. He offered it to me if I would cover the postage! Very fair deal and a great start to the new year.
    WJS/wi/usa

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by agphotography View Post
    +1. Congrats, Sir: A rather nice find! And a rather good omen for the New Year.
    An assortment of F-series Nikons (F to F6, excluding the F4) with quite a few Nikkors, a pair of M6s with some Leitz glass, a pair of 500c/ms with a wide range of Zeiss optics and, just to help keep Duracell solvent, a D800.

Favourite films: (1). KE ("Kodachrome Era"): 35mm: PKM25 and PKR64, HP5/Tri-X; 120: PKR64, PanF, FP4. (2). PKE ("Post-Kodachrome Era"): (a) 35mm: E100G, HP5 Plus/Tri-X and Delta 3200; (b) 120: E100G, PanF Plus, FP4 Plus, TMax 100.

Shooter
    35mm

Here is my Christmas presents to myself: an F2 ordered directly from Mr. Wong in the UK (just the body; I already had the prism and motor drive).

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin