Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,986   Posts: 1,523,985   Online: 813

Page 74 of 104 FirstFirst ... 24646869707172737475767778798084 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    What people refer to as the "famous shutter squeak" of the A series Canon Cameras is very misleading to owners who try and lubricate their camera shutters and ruin them, I asked the technician who services my cameras he told me it's nothing to do with the shutter, but is a dry bearing in the mirror braking mechanism.
    Canon's first electronic camera with a C.P.U. was the EF http://www.mikegrigsby.com/html/canon_ef.html, which was I.M.O. was a much better camera than the AE1.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    What people refer to as the "famous shutter squeak" of the A series Canon Cameras is very misleading to owners who try and lubricate their camera shutters and ruin them, I asked the technician who services my cameras he told me it's nothing to do with the shutter, but is a dry bearing in the mirror braking mechanism.
    Canon's first electronic camera with a C.P.U. was the EF http://www.mikegrigsby.com/html/canon_ef.html, which was I.M.O. was a much better camera than the AE1.
    Yes, it's the mirror return mechanism that commonly squeaks. Anyway, thanks to a YouTube vid, it's fixed now. Sounds and operates like a new camera.

As for the Canon EF, I'd love to own one someday - a very beautiful and well made camera. Still, the article you referenced does not state anywhere that it has a CPU. The EF does have an electronic auto exposure system with shutter priority, and it has an excellent Copal electronic shutter. Plus it has something that I wish all cameras of that era had: a voltage regulator circuit.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The latest new old camera is a Tower lllS that is a high quality Nicca manufactured Leica copy.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AstroZon View Post
    Yes, it's the mirror return mechanism that commonly squeaks. Anyway, thanks to a YouTube vid, it's fixed now. Sounds and operates like a new camera.

As for the Canon EF, I'd love to own one someday - a very beautiful and well made camera. Still, the article you referenced does not state anywhere that it has a CPU. The EF does have an electronic auto exposure system with shutter priority, and it has an excellent Copal electronic shutter. Plus it has something that I wish all cameras of that era had: a voltage regulator circuit.
    I have an EF and the Copal shutter is the only one Canon ever installed that they didn't make themselves, and it's blades are actually made of pure Platinum .
    Ben

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    As if I didn't have enough already, word has got out that I like old cameras and whilst I was out, someone dropped off a box full.

The most interesting is a Contessa Nettel from 1921 which I think is quarter plate (3.25" x 4.25") and it has a double plate holder and film sheaths with it which is a bonus.

There is also a Lubitel 2 TLR, a Kodak 66 folder (which might get some use as it takes 120 film - unlike my last one which was 620) a couple of Polaroids, a Ricoh KR10 and a Petri FT EE 35mm SLRs and a boxed Leningrad 7 meter which looks like it has never been used.

There are also a few non-descript 35mm compacts.

Steve.

Shooter
    35mm
    Nice collection! Very generous person!
    BTW, as a curiosity, how's the Petri FT EE? Did it came with a lens?
    My first SLR was a Petri FT handed down to me from my father.
    My cameras:
    Fed 2
    Nikon F4, F4S, F401S, F601, F801, F801S, F50, F55, F60, F65, F70, F75, F80, F90, F90X, EL2, FE, FM, FG, FG-20, EM

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo Miranda View Post
    BTW, as a curiosity, how's the Petri FT EE? Did it came with a lens?
    The lens is Petri 55mm f1.8

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo Miranda View Post
    My first SLR was a Petri FT handed down to me from my father.
    If you want it, it's yours for the price of postage.

I have also found a Brownie 127 and a Coronet 4-4 which is nowhere near as nice as the Coronet 6-6 I bought for £1 a few weeks ago.

Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wista 45DXII... Sort of a jump into LF. An eBay seller who turned out to be a really nice guy was trying to move his kit for ages and had it priced too high. It's the times we live in for analog gear. Anyway, he sent me his entire kit from the camera, two lenses, a Pentax digital spot meter, gitzo tripod, 10 film holders, loupe, dark cloth, and a few odds and ends for a 1000 bucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Daniel-Duarte.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Canon EOS Rebel S from a local thrift store.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    I have an EF and the Copal shutter is the only one Canon ever installed that they didn't make themselves, and it's blades are actually made of pure Platinum .

????????????....Source?
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin