Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,858   Online: 940

Page 77 of 107 FirstFirst ... 27677172737475767778798081828387 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Just arrived and just finished cleaning it...

Kodak Model B Whole Plate, now I need to make a lens panel or two, acquire some lenses and some Kodak or Kodak compatible film holders!

RR

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Picked up an Exa 1a on Tuesday to add to my Exacta set. Lovely little camera in excellent condition considering it's age.

Had a Whole plate holder from the same source, pre-WWII book-form type for my Whloe plate camera.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Picked up a Fed 3b over the weekend. First FSU, and currently only range finder. I had a Yashica Minister that took fantastic photos, but the contrast patch was lacking. The Fed will be a lesson in rehabilitating an old camera, but at least the contrast patch is very bright.

Shooter
    Holga
    I bought a Nikon F3HP with a grid focusing screen for $55 and three Pentac K1000s for $30 at a university surplus auction. I really like the F3HP.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Not a new camera, but it's kinda like one. Just got my main F2 body back from Sover Wong. All the problems it had previously are gone.

-J
    APUG: F4, F3P, F2ASx2, F
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 24/2.8 AI, 35/135/3.5-4.5 AIS, 50/1.4 AI, 50/2 H, 85/1.8 K, 105/4 Micro AIS, 180/2.8 ED AIS, 300/4.5 ED AI

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good morning;

Like John_Nikon_F, I also have a "new old camera." Well, actually, both of those cameras came back to the United States in the same box. My Nikon F2SB with the Nikon DP-3 light metering pentaprism also was ministered to by Sover Wong, and there are differences. Upon comparing the results I determined using my equipment with the results provided by Sover from his equipment, this camera really is "better than new" at this time. The DP-3 really did need repair, and now it is working very nicely again. The new ceramic variable resistor really did make a difference. It is nice to have a camera that works at least as well as it did when it was made back in the early 1970s.

Now to think about when to send my Nikon F2AS over to England.
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

Shooter
    Large Format
    Pieces of a Rochester Premo

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Javins View Post
    Good morning;

Like John_Nikon_F, I also have a "new old camera." Well, actually, both of those cameras came back to the United States in the same box. My Nikon F2SB with the Nikon DP-3 light metering pentaprism also was ministered to by Sover Wong, and there are differences. Upon comparing the results I determined using my equipment with the results provided by Sover from his equipment, this camera really is "better than new" at this time. The DP-3 really did need repair, and now it is working very nicely again. The new ceramic variable resistor really did make a difference. It is nice to have a camera that works at least as well as it did when it was made back in the early 1970s.

Now to think about when to send my Nikon F2AS over to England.
    Ralph, as mentioned earlier, I probably will be sending the backup F2AS over at the end of this coming month. Still need to source a DP-3 or DP-12 with impact damage that has a good LED block assembly. Oh, I did notice something interesting about the Soverized F2AS. It's the quietest F2 I've ever handled.

-J
    APUG: F4, F3P, F2ASx2, F
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 24/2.8 AI, 35/135/3.5-4.5 AIS, 50/1.4 AI, 50/2 H, 85/1.8 K, 105/4 Micro AIS, 180/2.8 ED AIS, 300/4.5 ED AI

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    35mm

Resurrected Parts/Repair Camera

Took delivery Wednesday of a parts/repair lot of two "Nikon FM" bodies won on the auction site that either goes unnamed or whose name is paraphrased in a derogatory manner. Only one is actually an FM, and it's slightly cannibalized, but the top plate and ADR optics are intact, which is what I wanted. It was clear in the auction pic the other body was an FE, a well-worn black-finished one at that.

After my first FM top cover removal [with the help of the Tomosey Nikon repair book], I turned to the FE. Whatever the shutter speed setting, I reset the dial to M90, and tried to fire it. Nothing happened - the shutter button was stuck. I took a mechanical pencil point to the base plate button for the MD, and the shutter fired - promising. Neither body came with a battery holder, so naturally their meters weren't working. I had a spare from a junker EM body, so I loaded a pair of good 357s, and watched the meter move up and down the scale as I varied film speed settings and aimed the FE alternately at lights and dim doorways - more promising.

I mounted a lens, set the dial to AUTO, aimed at a table lamp, and tripped the shutter from the base plate MD release - IT FIRED.

With application of some 91% alcohol and a drop or two of Goo-Gone in the shutter button collar and help from a toothpick and a couple of cotton swabs, enough of the oily gunk dissolved and came loose to free up the shutter release.

So here's my latest - a well-used black-finished FE with personality galore - looks like I'm gonna send it in for a CLA and put a few rolls through it.

Thanks and regards,
    Vince
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Conv_D2C_6704.jpg   Conv_D2C_6705.jpg   Conv_D2C_6706.jpg   Conv_D2C_6707.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Nikon_F View Post
    Not a new camera, but it's kinda like one. Just got my main F2 body back from Sover Wong. All the problems it had previously are gone.

-J
    How much does he charge? what did it cost to ship back and forth. I'm considering sending my F2AS in for a check up.

(I looked up Sover's website and got the info.)

I picked up a mint- Nikon FA and a MD-15 and some accessory items for my F2 bodies.
    Last edited by fstop; 03-01-2014 at 09:33 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    APUG: F, F/FTN,F2,F2A,F2AS,F3,F3HP,FA,FE,FM,FM2,FE2,XK,XM,XD, XD-5,XD-7,XD-11,XE,XE-5,XE-7,SRT101,SRT102,XG9,XG7,XG1,XG-SE,XG-M,X700,OM-1,OM-1n,OM-2,OM-2n,OM-4,F-1,F-1N,AE-1P,R5,500C/M,SCII
    DPUG:D100,D200,D300

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin