Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,882   Posts: 1,629,713   Online: 752

Page 80 of 127 FirstFirst ... 30707475767778798081828384858690 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just came into a Nue-View 4x5 "Frankenstein" camera fitted with a large Darlot Petzval lens, a packard shutter and an odd, home-made back that rotates, allowing either a 2x3 ground glass or a roll-film holder for the same format to be centered. Fortunately, in the suitcase that housed the thing, I found the regular back as well and a lens labeled "Kodak Anastigmat, Taylor, Taylor and Hobson" in a Compound dial-set shutter. New one on me.

Altogether an odd beast. Taking some trial shots this weekend.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteymorange View Post
    I just came into a Nue-View 4x5 "Frankenstein" camera fitted with a large Darlot Petzval lens, a packard shutter and an odd, home-made back that rotates, allowing either a 2x3 ground glass or a roll-film holder for the same format to be centered. Fortunately, in the suitcase that housed the thing, I found the regular back as well and a lens labeled "Kodak Anastigmat, Taylor, Taylor and Hobson" in a Compound dial-set shutter. New one on me.

Altogether an odd beast. Taking some trial shots this weekend.
    Wonder what it looks like ... could you post an image?
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Mamiya C330f, Nikon S2, Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T, Nikon F4s, Olympus Pen FT, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras.

Shooter
    35mm
    Contaflex III w/50 & 85.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wonder what it looks like ... could you post an image?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NueView.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	148.9 KB 
ID:	84982Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nueViewBack.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	236.5 KB 
ID:	84983

Shooter
    35mm
    A local second hand shop had acquired this baby from a deceased professional, along with the 20-35 2.8 and 80-200 2.8. Bought the 20-35 last month and the F5 with the 80-200 today after some thinking. It weighs the same as my F4s and included two NI-MH batteries and a charger but they are out of useful life. The F5 is battered but still in perfectly good order, a perfect companion to the F4 in every way; one can take all the old Nikkors and matrix meter with them and the other is a beast with AF and custom program codes.

Name:	2014-03-24 20.48.39.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	447.7 KB 
ID:	85043

Name:	2014-03-24 20.50.06.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	339.2 KB 
ID:	85041

Name:	2014-03-24 20.51.16.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	492.4 KB 
ID:	85042
    Søren Hammer
    - Konica T3N
    - Konica FS-1
    - Nikon F4s
    - Nikon F5
    - Nikon F801

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hasselblad 501cm with 80mm CB and A12 back

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A Canon TL with FL50mm F/1.8 from a highly rated seller in Latvia! It is in good condition and fully working, though I had to replace the seals as usual. I still have to develop the first film.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I picked up a Nikon F4s and it is like new! I had one before, but it died on me. So I'm very happy to be able to use a F4s again. It is a heavy and bulky camera. But it handles well and I love the design of this camera.
    So, this camera will accompany me on my holiday to Denmark this summer with several rolls of Fomapan 100 and Ilford FP4+, maybe one or two rolls of Fuji NPH400.
    Just one more problem: what lens to choose for this camera? Maybe just one: a Nikon 35 mm or a Sigma 20 mm??
    I'll sleep on it...
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Mamiya C330f, Nikon S2, Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T, Nikon F4s, Olympus Pen FT, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm trying to not become a half-way house for unloved cameras. But someone was threatening to throw out a Yashica TL-Electro. And since they threw in a brand new Gralab timer, I figured what the heck.

On the down side, it's dirty, missing the shutter speed dial plate, and the 50mm lens needs a regreasing badly.
    On the plus side, it uses the 6v batteries (so no paying through the nose for mercury replacement cells), is fully mechanical so no worries about batteries at all, and came with a 135mm F2.8.

I'm going to regrease the lens and try to do a general tidy up of the body (maybe make a replacement dial plate). I'm trying to stick to only one lens mount (OM), but M42 has always interested me for some reason I can't fathom. So once I've practiced some basic camera repair I'll either find a home for it with a student, or I'll keep it as a way to test and play with M42 glass. My wife will be rather upset with me if I do the latter. Heck, she may be irritated I took it home at all.

Of all the vices available to me, at least old cameras are cheap (so long as I stay away from the pricey-red-dot).

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by TheToadMen View Post
    I picked up a Nikon F4s and it is like new! I had one before, but it died on me. So I'm very happy to be able to use a F4s again. It is a heavy and bulky camera. But it handles well and I love the design of this camera.
    So, this camera will accompany me on my holiday to Denmark this summer with several rolls of Fomapan 100 and Ilford FP4+, maybe one or two rolls of Fuji NPH400.
    Just one more problem: what lens to choose for this camera? Maybe just one: a Nikon 35 mm or a Sigma 20 mm??
    I'll sleep on it...
    The F4 is a solid piece of gear - I like mine a lot!

Where are you going to? Fanø, Blåvand, Gilleleje and Skagen seems to be popular places for tourists in the summer. Maybe we can join up and shoot F4's together?
    Søren Hammer
    - Konica T3N
    - Konica FS-1
    - Nikon F4s
    - Nikon F5
    - Nikon F801

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin