Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,968   Posts: 1,558,503   Online: 1099

Page 81 of 112 FirstFirst ... 31717576777879808182838485868791 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hasselblad 501cm with 80mm CB and A12 back

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A Canon TL with FL50mm F/1.8 from a highly rated seller in Latvia! It is in good condition and fully working, though I had to replace the seals as usual. I still have to develop the first film.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I picked up a Nikon F4s and it is like new! I had one before, but it died on me. So I'm very happy to be able to use a F4s again. It is a heavy and bulky camera. But it handles well and I love the design of this camera.
    So, this camera will accompany me on my holiday to Denmark this summer with several rolls of Fomapan 100 and Ilford FP4+, maybe one or two rolls of Fuji NPH400.
    Just one more problem: what lens to choose for this camera? Maybe just one: a Nikon 35 mm or a Sigma 20 mm??
    I'll sleep on it...
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm trying to not become a half-way house for unloved cameras. But someone was threatening to throw out a Yashica TL-Electro. And since they threw in a brand new Gralab timer, I figured what the heck.

On the down side, it's dirty, missing the shutter speed dial plate, and the 50mm lens needs a regreasing badly.
    On the plus side, it uses the 6v batteries (so no paying through the nose for mercury replacement cells), is fully mechanical so no worries about batteries at all, and came with a 135mm F2.8.

I'm going to regrease the lens and try to do a general tidy up of the body (maybe make a replacement dial plate). I'm trying to stick to only one lens mount (OM), but M42 has always interested me for some reason I can't fathom. So once I've practiced some basic camera repair I'll either find a home for it with a student, or I'll keep it as a way to test and play with M42 glass. My wife will be rather upset with me if I do the latter. Heck, she may be irritated I took it home at all.

Of all the vices available to me, at least old cameras are cheap (so long as I stay away from the pricey-red-dot).

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by TheToadMen View Post
    I picked up a Nikon F4s and it is like new! I had one before, but it died on me. So I'm very happy to be able to use a F4s again. It is a heavy and bulky camera. But it handles well and I love the design of this camera.
    So, this camera will accompany me on my holiday to Denmark this summer with several rolls of Fomapan 100 and Ilford FP4+, maybe one or two rolls of Fuji NPH400.
    Just one more problem: what lens to choose for this camera? Maybe just one: a Nikon 35 mm or a Sigma 20 mm??
    I'll sleep on it...
    The F4 is a solid piece of gear - I like mine a lot!

Where are you going to? Fanø, Blåvand, Gilleleje and Skagen seems to be popular places for tourists in the summer. Maybe we can join up and shoot F4's together?
    Søren Hammer
    - Konica T3N
    - Konica FS-1
    - Nikon F4s
    - Nikon F5
    - Nikon F801

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have a Zeiss Ikon Contina II foldet on loan from a friend, with an option to purchase. But, to be honest, I'm finding the uncoupled rangefinder (totally separate from the viewfinder) quite a pain. Compose, find range, focus, recompose, cock shutter, shoot. Still I'll shoot a roll or two and see how I like the results from the 45mm f/2.8 Tessar before I make up my mind.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by andrew.roos; 03-25-2014 at 01:53 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    "There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs" (Ansel Adams)

Shooter
    35mm
    My purchase was a Contax ll that turned out to have a broken first curtain spring. I expect to get the shutter crate back from Kiev this weekend with a replacement spring only harvested from a Kiev 4. Before this, I bought another Contax ll that was complete with a collapsible Sonnar. Bought for the lens only the camera has turned out rather nice, and although well worn inside is now fully working, after I cleaned & serviced it, fitted new ribbons and is in fair cosmetic condition. I used this second example to practice servicing in readiness for the first which is cosmetically excellent. I may keep both.
    The show stopper in this tale is a text message I received from my wife who is visiting friends on South Africa. She found a Contarex complete with lens in an Antiques shop in Delmas. I have no other information other than "It's really heavy, the shutter fires and the lens turns". Unable to contact me right awayshe bought it anyway
    Leica. M6 - Zeiss Contax ll lla and llla - Nikon F Nikon F2a and F2 Photomic - Rolleiflex 2.8f - Contaflex - Contarex and Various folders
    Flickr

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by shutterboy View Post
    Hasselblad 501cm with 80mm CB and A12 back
    Excellent!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Knjy View Post
    My purchase was a Contax ll that ...
    The show stopper in this tale is a text message I received from my wife who is visiting friends on South Africa. She found a Contarex complete with lens in an Antiques shop in Delmas. I have no other information other than "It's really heavy, the shutter fires and the lens turns". Unable to contact me right awayshe bought it anyway
    Send photos of any of wifes sisters...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Knjy View Post
    My purchase was a Contax ll that turned out to have a broken first curtain spring. I expect to get the shutter crate back from Kiev this weekend with a replacement spring only harvested from a Kiev 4. Before this, I bought another Contax ll that was complete with a collapsible Sonnar. Bought for the lens only the camera has turned out rather nice, and although well worn inside is now fully working, after I cleaned & serviced it, fitted new ribbons and is in fair cosmetic condition. I used this second example to practice servicing in readiness for the first which is cosmetically excellent. I may keep both.
    The show stopper in this tale is a text message I received from my wife who is visiting friends on South Africa. She found a Contarex complete with lens in an Antiques shop in Delmas. I have no other information other than "It's really heavy, the shutter fires and the lens turns". Unable to contact me right away she bought it anyway
    She sounds like my girlfriend.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin