Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,988   Posts: 1,524,060   Online: 1000

Page 83 of 104 FirstFirst ... 33737778798081828384858687888993 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    A Balda Jubilette - 35 mm camera from very late 1930s. It has the focus scale in metres and no 'Made in Germany' so will be a late import to the UK (possibly a war-time acquisition by a British soldier in Germany in 1944/5?).

It has a Baltar lens - anyone any idea who made these for Balda?

Shooter
    35mm
    A chrome Konica FT-1 with a non-working batter holder/grip.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    G.A.S. is a horrible thing.

I did it again, despite the fact that I have two clean Nikon FM's (Chrome) and a black FE I drifted back to e-bay and bought a black FM last night.
    Last edited by Red Tractors; 04-02-2014 at 09:31 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Tri-X in HC-110 forever.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Tractors View Post
    G.A.S. is a horrible thing.

I did it again, despite the fact that I have two clean Nikon FM's (Chrome) and a black FE I drifted back to e-bay and bought a black FM last night.
    I totally understand getting something you don't currently have. I even understand getting a backup of something you have an love. But why buy a third example of a camera? (Not trolling, honest question)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKrull View Post
    I totally understand getting something you don't currently have. I even understand getting a backup of something you have an love. But why buy a third example of a camera? (Not trolling, honest question)
    I can't speak for anyone else, but for me it's parts. So long as the third, forth, etc. are cheap enough, I can be sure of having repair parts for a long time.
    Truzi

Shooter
    Multi Format
    One for color, one for B&W/spare, one backup.
    For a lot of cameras the only source of parts is an extra body.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have a couple answers.

1 I like black and chrome versions of each body I chose to add to my collection.
    2 I like to replace current bodies with examples in better condition, then the current one either goes for spare parts or for sale.
    3 With FM bodies there are varients to consider, 2XXXXXXXX series and 3XXXXXXX series black and chrome etc.
    4 sometimes the body comes with lenses or accessories that I want
    5 sometimes the price is too good to pass up

and last of all but not least

because we can

APUG: F, F/FTN,F2,F2A,F2AS,F3,F3HP,FA,FE,FM,FM2,FE2,XK,XM,XD, XD-5,XD-7,XD-11,XE,XE-5,XE-7,SRT101,SRT102,XG9,XG7,XG1,XG-SE,XG-M,X700,OM-1,OM-1n,OM-2,OM-2n,OM-4,F-1,F-1N,AE-1P,R5,500C/M,SCII
    DPUG:D100,D200,D300

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good question, and many good answers.

My 2nd chrome FM came along at a good price, and it is cleaner and newer than my first chrome FM. 34XXXX vs 21XXXX serial numbers. I have one loaded with AGFA 400 and one with PX at the moment.

The black one last night I probably paid too much for, but I've wanted a black FM since I was fifteen, so....what the heck. Hopefully the meter works and I didn't just waste $39 + shipping. But, if it's shot, then I have spare parts.
    Tri-X in HC-110 forever.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fstop View Post
    I have a couple answers.

1 I like black and chrome versions of each body I chose to add to my collection.
    2 I like to replace current bodies with examples in better condition, then the current one either goes for spare parts or for sale.
    3 With FM bodies there are varients to consider, 2XXXXXXXX series and 3XXXXXXX series black and chrome etc.
    4 sometimes the body comes with lenses or accessories that I want
    5 sometimes the price is too good to pass up

and last of all but not least

because we can

YES! YES! YES! I 100% agree and I haven't started to build a set of both black and chrome bodies yet. I have a variety but someday will start to close that gap.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Art

Shooter
    Multi Format
    All good answers, thanks folks.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin