Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,500   Posts: 1,543,293   Online: 967

Page 84 of 109 FirstFirst ... 34747879808182838485868788899094 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    My new old camera is another 1936 Zeiss Contax II with 50mm f/1.5 Sonnar. Looks a little dusty, but should clean up well enough

Shooter
    35mm
    Black Canon Ftbn to join my 40 year old Ftb (Chrome) which still works well and is blessed with a very accurate meter. Now need to see if the newer one can compete with its older brother.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just picked up an ANSCO Agfa Viking, made in the US Sector of Germany.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Shooter
    Multi Format

The Continuing Saga of the Confessional Booth Ramblings

One good thing about rain on a Saturday morning is that the line for the Confessional Booth is not very long. This will not take too much time before it is my turn.

. . . .

Forgive me, Father, for I have sinned.

Yes, Father, I know that it has been a while, but I really have not transgressed in a long time. No boxes from KEH for months now. But that John has been telling me for a long time that I should have a Nikon F3HP and that I would appreciate and understand why it was considered to be an outstanding example of its type and a true working camera when it was the current model being offered to the professional photographer community. Now that I have one with the MD-4 Motor Drive attached to the bottom of the F3HP, I think that I do understand why this solid feeling camera was considered to be an excellent work-horse camera for the active working photographer, who was also young and strong. You really do notice it on a neck strap.

Well, it did come with a couple of short zoom lenses, and a NIKKOR 105mm f:2.5 and a 300mm f:4.5 lenses also, so it seemed like a very nice package kit.

Oh. Well, yes, Father, you are right. I did make the decision to buy the camera, didn't I? And, yes, John was not reaching into my wallet and pulling the money out for me. Yes, I actually did it. So, yes, Father, I will contritely accept my penance.

Thank you, Father. See you next week.
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Javins View Post
    Confession is good for the soul. Go and sin some more.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Javins View Post
    One good thing about rain on a Saturday morning is that the line for the Confessional Booth is not very long. This will not take too much time before it is my turn.

. . . .

Yes, Father, I know that it has been a while, but I really have not transgressed in a long time. No boxes from KEH for months now. But that John has been telling me for a long time that I should have a Nikon F3HP and that I would appreciate and understand why it was considered to be an outstanding example of its type and a true working camera when it was the current model being offered to the professional photographer community. Now that I have one with the MD-4 Motor Drive attached to the bottom of the F3HP, I think that I do understand why this solid feeling camera was considered to be an excellent work-horse camera for the active working photographer, who was also young and strong. You really do notice it on a neck strap.

Well, it did come with a couple of short zoom lenses, and a NIKKOR 105mm f:2.5 and a 300mm f:4.5 lenses also, so it seemed like a very nice package kit.

Oh. Well, yes, Father, you are right. I did make the decision to buy the camera, didn't I? And, yes, John was not reaching into my wallet and pulling the money out for me. Yes, I actually did it. So, yes, Father, I will contritely accept my penance.

Thank you, Father. See you next week.
    Congratulations!

I loved the F3 since the day it was introduced.(got 3 myself 2 HPs and a DE-2) Some are put off by its size and heft. But that is part of what I like, with a long lens a heavier body is more stable.
    Size wise seems down right compact when you spend time shooting with a DSLR like a D300.

(the HP finder is not really a necessity, I prefer the smaller and more view finder coverage of the DE-2.If you shoot with sunglasses you are an idiot, if you wear correction lenses you could use diopters)

But I think you'll like the F3.
    APUG: F, F/FTN,F2,F2A,F2AS,F3,F3HP,FA,FE,FM,FM2,FE2,XK,XM,XD, XD-5,XD-7,XD-11,XE,XE-5,XE-7,SRT101,SRT102,XG9,XG7,XG1,XG-SE,XG-M,X700,OM-1,OM-1n,OM-2,OM-2n,OM-4,F-1,F-1N,AE-1P,R5,500C/M,SCII
    DPUG:D100,D200,D300

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I finally replaced my Nikon F4s, sold mine several years for something that I just had to have. And of course I can not remember what I got Never again! Been having major GAS pains passed few weeks, wife looked at bank account today

David
    “Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.”
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I used an F3HP with a 2.8 micro back in the day, company camera. I've recently been lusting after one again to keep my brace of FMs company. That and I do not have a 35mm lens. Or the 300 EDIF. Of course, the F2AS has always.....
    Last edited by jerrybro; 04-05-2014 at 06:50 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Spelling.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrybro View Post
    I used an F3HP with a 2.8 micro back in the day, company camera. I've recently been lusting after one again to keep my brace of FMs company. That and I do not have a 35mm lens. Or the 300 EDIF. Of course, the F2AS has always.....
    Jerry, maybe this will help...

300 EDIF is next to the F2 on the left, and 35 is mounted to the F3...

-J
    APUG: F4, F2AS, F, Nikomat FTn
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 24/2.8 AI, 50/1.4 AI, 85/1.8 K, 180/2.8 ED AIS, 300/4.5 ED AI

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    35mm
    Mamiya M645 with right hand power motor/winder.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin