Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,940   Posts: 1,585,700   Online: 1038

Page 89 of 118 FirstFirst ... 39798384858687888990919293949599 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've been on a bit of a spree the past few days, picking up a Nikon F body with the Photomic T prism and a Kodak Retina Ia Type 015. Still debating which I want to take for a spin first, though part of me would like to get a pocket rangefinder for the little Retina before I take it into the world.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    ^In which case, load the F up, pop your favorite Nikkor on, and take it out

-J
    APUG: F2AS x2, F, FM2n, Nikomat FTn
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 20/3.5 UD, 24/2.8 AI, 50/2 AI, 50/1.4 AI, 50/1.4 S, 55/2.8 Micro AIS, 85/1.8 K, 135/3.5 QC

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'll be honest, that was the plan that was winning in my mind for this weekend...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I picked up an OM-1MD with a 50mm Macro 3.5 and 75mm-150mm F4 yesterday.

I picked up the kit just for the 50mm macro, which has been on my wish list for a while now.

The OM-1 isn't working The winder doesn't seem to be making contact inside. There is minimal resistance to turning it, and the shutter won't cock. I've got a small fleet of OM bodies (2S, 10, 40), so I don't *really* need the 1, but it sure feels nice in the hand (lighter than the 2S), so I was really hoping it would be fully functional.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a similar problem with the advance on an Agfaflex I acquired recently. Whatever contact it needs to make to cock the shutter, it's not doing it...which is too bad because the rest of it works and is in great shape.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Matt:
    Be sure to check the rewind switch - if it is stuck in the engaged position, I think your camera will perform in the way described.
    That can be a simple fix.
    Last edited by MattKing; 05-09-2014 at 11:25 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just picked up a very clean Nikkormat FT2 in black. The meter is stable and off by about one stop that can be easily adjusted with the film speed. Also got a very nice 135mm f: 2.8 Ai lens both off the bay. The guy who sold the lens did not know what he had and was raving about the great image quality he was getting with his digital camera...probably never shot a roll of film in his life ;-). I paid $79 for each including shipping.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Shooter
    35mm
    Received yesterday my 10th Nikon EM (yeah, I like them!):

What's not to like about it?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nikon EM brochure.JPG   Nikon EM 2.jpg  
    Fed 2, 4, 5
    Zenit 11, 12XP
    Olympus OM-1 MD, OM-1N, OM-2N, OM-2SP, OM10, OMG
    A bunch of Nikons
    Ferrania backer

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Matt:
    Be sure to check the rewind switch - if it is stuck in the engaged position, I think your camera will perform in the way described.
    That can be a simple fix.
    They should rotate to wind on automatically but if you can turn manually without using force try it.

Down load user manual as well.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Last Sunday was our local gear swap meet. I went not intending to buy anything more then some enlarging contrast filters.

Instead I came home with a very nice Minolta X-700, Motor Drive, 135 F2.8 MC Rokkor and some generic branded 35-70 Zoom. Apart from the camera needing new light seals, it looks like a sweet setup. I'm Happy indeed!

Oh, yeah, I did get the filters as well....

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin