Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,551   Posts: 1,646,342   Online: 1026

Page 26 of 128 FirstFirst ... 16202122232425262728293031323676126 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sometimes you choose the camera; sometimes the camera chooses you.

Just over a week ago, at the local camera store, I picked up a Nikon camera out of their unlabeled junk bin. It was an N90s. When I asked how much, he said $29.95, but that he'd gladly stick batteries in it to see if it worked. I said if it didn't work, I'd gladly buy the Domke strap attached. He said $4 for the strap.
    He put new batteries in and flicked the switch, but the camera's LCD panel stayed dead. So I got the strap for $4 plus tax, with the dead camera attached.
    When I got home, just for curiosity I reloaded the camera with batteries. It lit up instantly and functioned perfectly! I just recently spent a few more bucks on eBay to buy a MB-10 grip to put on it.
    I'll be taking this instead of my FM up to Wisconsin for a trip next month, since the meter in the FM seems to have given up the ghost.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That was my thought as well, Sirius, but I wasn't going to say anything inside the store.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    My experience has shown that installing batteries with the proper polarity, that is in the correct direction, generally produces better results. YMMV

Guys, ya gotta watch Steve. He may surprise you.

Steve and I were talking about my known and demonstrated addictive tendencies with photography gear (yeah, GAS), and I was telling him about my concerns over this, and that if this continued, I might be looking at such things as "treatment" and "rehabilitation." and just to show what kind of sympathy, understanding, and support I can get, Steve offered to sell me another camera.
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Nikon_F View Post
    Got the aforementioned F3P in the mail this morning from the UK. Went in for service about an hour later. Needs quite a bit of attention before it's fully useable again.

-J

Ahhh...So you were one of the folks I was bidding against (when the F3P/MD4 was first posted). Congratulations! BTW: What is with the bare metal on the drive handle? Looking at the pics, I couldn't decide if the pattern was a QC issue from Nikon, an idiosyncratic wear pattern ( the way the camera was carried?), or abrasions from saltwater spray!
    Some Nikons (F6, F5, F3P, F3HP, F2ASx4, F2A, F2 and a D800), with Ai/Ais Nikkors ranging from 15mm to 600mm; Leicas (M6X2), with Leitz glass from 28 to 90mm and a pair of Hasselblads (500c/ms), with Zeiss glass from 50 to 250mm. A bit of stuff for a no-longer practicing professional, but justifiable for a now-converted hobbyist who absolutely loves taking/making pictures.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Bradley, it's the latter. PO used the camera for photographing boats (as mentioned in my Nikon F3 FB post) on the water.

-J
    APUG: F4, F3HP, F2AS, Nikomat FT2, Nikkormat EL, FT
    DPUG: D2x
    Nikkors: 18-55/3.5-5.6G AF-S DX (f/D2x), 20/3.5 UD, 24/2.8 AI, 50/2 AI, 50/2 H, 50/1.4 S, 55/2.8 Micro AIS, 85/1.8 K, 105/4 Micro AIS, 180/2.8 PC

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    35mm
    This weekend, my stepfather gave me a Polaroid land camera model 95 and a yashica Electro35 G.

Shooter
    35mm
    I bought a used Rollei 35s. I admired this camera in the 70's but it was too expensive. Now it is close to the same price, but I have more spendable income.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Rolleiflex automat X with tessar f3.5. It was cheap because shutter safeguard release is missing - but beside that glasses and camera condition are great.

Back to square (I have constant love-hate relationship with square format).
    Last edited by darkosaric; 07-18-2013 at 03:20 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by alanrockwood View Post
    My latest new old camera is a Kiev 60, modified for 4.5x6cm format. That makes several Kiev 60s in my stable, along with several lenses and accessories for that system.

Of course this is not a 35mm camera, so I am not sure it fits this thread, but at least it's responsive to the original question.

Good morning, Alan Rockwood;

Anyone who has ever seen a Kiev-60 or the ARAX modified version of it, or the earlier Kiev-6C, will agree that it looks and feels very much like a 35mm film camera that was force fed steroids as a kid. So in that way, I guess that we can say that it can fit in here, even though it does take 120 roll film.

You might also mention this here on APUG over on the Medium Format Cameras section.
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have too many cameras. This is the last one I bought, last year.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
    My blog / photo website: http://frankfoto.jimdo.com/

Openly biased and unabashedly
    pro film and wet darkroom

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin