Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,326   Posts: 1,681,970   Online: 730

Page 41 of 128 FirstFirst ... 31353637383940414243444546475191 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Pic of the F3P, which arrived today:

The F:

^I'll keep you in mind. I'm currently looking at another F that's from mid-'73 and may grab that one.

-J
    APUG: F3P, F2AS, Nikomat FT2
    DPUG: D2x
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D2x), 20/3.5 UD, 24/2 AI, 35/2 O, 50/2 H, 50/1.4 S, 85/1.8 K, 105/4 Micro AIS, 180/2.8 PC
    'tax gear: Spot II, 55/1.8 Super-Multi-Coated Takumar

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good morning;

First, I was able to watch as John Nikon F acquired his latest chrome Nikon F without a finder, although there was discussion of a viewfinder to be located later. We were very close to the hour for the shop to close at that time.

And now for my confession: I do not really know what I have. Honest. Yesterday there were handed to me two (2) cardboard boxes with about half a dozen 35mm film camera bodies, and somewhere around 35 or so lenses in various mounts, types, brands, configurations, sizes, and condition. Some of them might even work. I don't know. I have not yet had a chance to see what is in there. This was one of those "get these out of here for me" type of deals.

It is a terrible thing to become known as someone who likes old cameras. You get offered all kinds of things. I may need to add onto the house for storage.
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Nikon F4s, bulit 1995, good condition, to be used wirh my tamron adaptalls for S/W

My first (nondigital) AF, motor, matrix monster.... But i use it with MF lenses anyway...

Shooter
    35mm
    Zeiss Ikon Nettar 515/16. Pre-war, I think, with the 4.5 lens, but a shutter that only goes to 1/175.

Just delivered by a friend of my wife, whose husband found it at the dump! The lens was a bit dirty, but it seems in excellent shape, came with a case and shutter seems to work fine. Bellows like new. I need to pick up some FP4 from the store on Monday to try it out...

Edit: The slow shutter speeds are too slow. Looks like I have some cleaning/relube to do Wish me luck, I have only done this once before on a Yashica GSN...but it did work when I finished, so here's hoping :-)
    Last edited by Peter Simpson; 09-28-2013 at 05:21 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    A collegae gave me his old Konica Autoreflex TC with a Konica HexanonAR 50 mm F1.7 lens. It's like new.

It needs new batteries so I have to find a replacement for the 2 Mercury batterirs PX625, to get the lightmeter operating.
    But since it is a fully mechanical camera I can already use it.

I have never used a Konica and I wonder how this lens will perform.

See: http://www.buhla.de/Foto/Konica/eTCHaupt.html
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

"I enjoy vintage cameras as “users,” rather than imprisoning them in some display case"

My favorite cameras: Mamiya C330f, Nikon S2, Hasselblad SWC, Fuji GSW690 II, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T, Nikon F4s, Olympus Pen FT, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by TheToadMen View Post
    I have never used a Konica and I wonder how this lens will perform.
    I can say with confidence that all normal lenses are better than average performers.

Shooter
    35mm
    So I had a perfectly good Nikon F with a plain prism as well as an F2A and F3 but wanted F2 plain prism too so I kept an eye out for that. Was checking out my local CL and spotted yet another F also with a plain prism and thought maybe I could use it to trade for a plain prism F2 since it was offered at a great price - one of those investment options. Just as I got it, a plain prism for the F2 also came up! Now I am not so sure I want to get rid of the second plain prism F since I am not one of those catch and release types.

Besides being good picture takers, it also provides compositional symmetry . . .

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've heard of people getting rid of cameras because they have too many. I'm not sure what "too many" would mean for me.

My latest purchases were from Goodwill.com. Got a very nice Canon T70 and a not very nice Yashica MG-1 Black body.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Art

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

What's your latest new old camera ?

A Canon EOS 3. Nice camera. I'm currently using a borrowed lens, and it's a joy to use.

I've been a Pentax and Leica user for a fairly long time now, and it's strange to take pictures with this camera, because of how easy it is. We shall see if I end up liking it or not. It sure is fast, for better or worse.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails EOS3.jpg  
    Last edited by Thomas Bertilsson; 09-29-2013 at 03:13 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    127 Format
    Images
    Thomas, have you had luck getting the eye controlled focus function to work? I've tried many many times in many different conditions of light and never been able to have it recognize my eye movement with or without my glasses on.

Also, yes, it is very easy to make images with that camera. Gets out of the way very well, once familiar with it's workings.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin